Make Monday Double Achievement Day

Nippon

So Monday is kind of a boring day, Conquest is over, most people have completed there weeklies, Why not make Monday Double Achievement day, Every Kill counts as 2 for Monday only, FP bosses, Kill counts etc etc, would encourage people to get on and just play and is a small incentive to actually trawl through the magnitude of stuff there is to do in your Legacy.

:)

But thats because there was an incentive to do them. Double credits and Double Comms. The average player is not going to run around a planet killing mobs for the achievements.

Just because you dont do them dont mean other people arent interested :p

I hate achieve running myself, and making it slightly easier would boost my interest in getting them. Getting pops for hm FPs on pvp server is an eternity project already to get even those single kills on bosses done. Dont even get me started on bonus bosses.

Edited by Kiesu

Just because you dont do them dont mean other people arent interested :p

I hate achieve running myself, and making it slightly easier would boost my interest in getting them. Getting pops for hm FPs on pvp server is an eternity project already to get even those single kills on bosses done. Dont even get me started on bonus bosses.

Who says I don't do them? I do them when I feel like doing them. But I've been working on getting one of each class to 60. Besides the biggest one I'm working at is the get 50000 kills in warzones achievement. I would never dream of asking for them to grant double kills towards it. Now a double rewards weekend like the double comms/credits month they had last year I could get behind. And possibly a double valor weekend. But for kills achievements I'd rather get them at the normal rate since they are after all achievements

Did double warzone comms devalue warzones? No.

Though I agree with you to an extent on this point, doing double kill counts for achievements would devalue them. You're trying to compare two different systems to make sense of this one. Warzone Commendations are merely a currency to buy PvP Gear. They're not a sign of accomplishments, as even the losers gain some Commendations, they're JUST currency. Achievement points are a sign of accomplishment, indicating you put this work in to get this achievement. If you do a double day, you're devaluing the whole system because you're making it easier to get *insert number of kills here*, by essentially only having to do half the kills.

You're essentially saying it's okay to get an achievement for killing *insert number of kills here*, for only doing *half the original inserted number of kills here*. I'm sorry, but no, I will never support this suggestion. If it ever does get added, then I'll stop caring about achievements, as there is no real sense of accomplishment any more.

Though I agree with you to an extent on this point, doing double kill counts for achievements would devalue them. You're trying to compare two different systems to make sense of this one. Warzone Commendations are merely a currency to buy PvP Gear. They're not a sign of accomplishments, as even the losers gain some Commendations, they're JUST currency. Achievement points are a sign of accomplishment, indicating you put this work in to get this achievement. If you do a double day, you're devaluing the whole system because you're making it easier to get *insert number of kills here*, by essentially only having to do half the kills.

You're essentially saying it's okay to get an achievement for killing *insert number of kills here*, for only doing *half the original inserted number of kills here*. I'm sorry, but no, I will never support this suggestion. If it ever does get added, then I'll stop caring about achievements, as there is no real sense of accomplishment any more.

You're correct, and yet at the same time I'm imagining the wording being changed from "kill X enemies" to "earn Y Jagannath points" (X and Y may or may not be chosen to be equal?) and then Monday is promoted as "Scorekeeper's Hunt Day" and double Jagannath points are earned for kills on Monday and your argument is void.

Although this wouldn't be a 100% direct conversion to switch to a system like that because I would propose that different types of enemies should be categorized as being worth different amounts of Jagannath points. Like 1,2,3 points for plain,silver,gold enemies at the planet's level, 5 points for champions at the planet's level, and higher amounts for other types of enemies like world bosses and the level-capped faction base guards. Or maybe see if the value can be scaled by level difference so that easy kills farmed on a planet that you're overleveled for don't give anywhere near as many points as kills at your own level.

It also might even just be more fitting as an entirely new system instead of retconning achievements. Set up categories similar to reputation factions (going up through ranks for hitting certain thresholds just like reputation as well) but with very high targets to reach (to prolong the grind). And then kills on every planet automatically tally up points under that planet's heading in this new scoreboard.

edit: People will hate this suggestion, but this system just wouldn't completely fall in line with the Trandoshan beliefs that it's modeled after if it doesn't also include at least some LOSS of points when you fall in combat. (I don't know about a total reset like Qyzen describes when explaining it to the Consular, but it has to be something that will set you back a bit.) Your status wouldn't be permanent like your reputation ranks are. There would have to be a real risk involved.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

Il add here my reason for asking for this as some people seem to think its because im Lazy :rolleyes:

I played the game from Alpha, left when F2P came in and returned when SOR was released, On coming back I have literally Zero kills on all planet bosses, planet environment, flash-points, OPS....In fact my achievement window is so borked I cant update things like Completed the Story On Tython as a Jedi knight, because ive already done it.

I have probably killed every mob in this game on my 10 fully leveled characters more times than most people in this thread, Yet I have 0/100 for Beasts on Tython as an example, I have run Lost Island 50+ times, no credit.

Is this my fault....No

Are Bioware doing anything to fix it ??? .(Check my Sig) No

So what im asking for isn't taking anything away from anyone that has done it, its making it so those of us who have done it 10 times over with Zero credit for it can do it easier.

Il add here my reason for asking for this as some people seem to think its because im Lazy :rolleyes:

I played the game from Alpha, left when F2P came in and returned when SOR was released, On coming back I have literally Zero kills on all planet bosses, planet environment, flash-points, OPS....In fact my achievement window is so borked I cant update things like Completed the Story On Tython as a Jedi knight, because ive already done it.

I have probably killed every mob in this game on my 10 fully leveled characters more times than most people in this thread, Yet I have 0/100 for Beasts on Tython as an example, I have run Lost Island 50+ times, no credit.

Is this my fault....No

Are Bioware doing anything to fix it ??? .(Check my Sig) No

So what im asking for isn't taking anything away from anyone that has done it, its making it so those of us who have done it 10 times over with Zero credit for it can do it easier.

So you're upset that they didn't give you achievements for kills and flashpoints you completed pre rothc and you think that's unfair that they didn't give them to you when you returned. Well guess what none of us got those achievements when rise of the hutt cartel launched. We had to do the flashpoints and do the kills to get them after rise of the hutt cartel launched. the only ones we got were the ones for completing class quests, our valor level, legacy level, companions we had at 10k affection(we had to do the 1000 kills on them though), any of the crafting and gathering that we had at 400 at the time. If it was an issue with achievements for things like class quests and levels not being granted you could file a bug report. If you want the achievements for flashpoint bosses and kills go and do them at the normal rate that we have been doing for the past 2.5 years. Thats the way theyre supposed to be since theyre achievements.

If they were to give double for that stuff it would just be another example of bioware dumbing down content

So you're upset that they didn't give you achievements for kills and flashpoints you completed pre rothc and you think that's unfair that they didn't give them to you when you returned.

I think you are reading too much into it and going completely off topic.

Yes, we all done the FPs and OPS a million times before achievements. Is it unfair we didnt get credit for them? Maybe. Does it make it LESS unfair because NOBODY got the credit? No.

The logic of saying "Its ok you got screwd over because everyone else did too" is no logic at all and you should quit using it as an excuse. While I agree its not really big deal if we got them or not, i strongly disagree it makes it any more or less bad or good because it also applied to million other people. Mass is not an excuse.

And for everyone saying "Well dont do achiev if you dont like doing them" I say, yes, while we hate doing them, there isnt really much else to do to pass time in the game right now, so it is a valid option to put your time into while waiting groups to gather, even if hated. And I'm sure it'd be far less hated with a small boost applied.

Edited by Kiesu

II have probably killed every mob in this game on my 10 fully leveled characters more times than most people in this thread, Yet I have 0/100 for Beasts on Tython as an example, I have run Lost Island 50+ times, no credit.

Now here's the question, did you get the Tython kills BEFORE of AFTER achievements were added? If it was before, of course it won't count. There was no system in place pre-achievements to track how many kills you got, so of course you'd have to earn them all over again. They're quite simple, and quite honestly, if you do it while waiting on queue pops, it makes time pass a WHOLE lot quicker. I'm sorry, but since you're SPECIFICALLY asking for kills here, I've got to chalk this entire suggestion up to 'someone wanting something for nothing, or less effort than is required.'

I noticed you did post in your sig thread about the class, stuff, that I agree with. However, achievements for killing, work at it and EARN it like everyone else did in game. No one got those achievements when they were added to the game, and anyone who has them now, they went BACK and EARNED them the hard way.