The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A little question about gearing new companions.

Madrayne

I wonder, if we ll be able to change Lana's or Koth's basic gear. I mean, there was a rumor among my friends, that new companion's look won't be able to change. Well, i can accept that fact with Darth Marr, he is too unique. But not with Lana or Koth. Lana had different armor, means, she hasn't some unique gear, means, her gear can be changed. I mean. If Bioware make those character aren't able to be changed, then it looks like... Lana, Koth some elite character companions, when our old comps, just a low life loozers, who you can simple wear in slave or clown suits, like you want. It just... doesn't sound right for me and i hope, that what I've heard is just a rumor. 'cause if not, i am not gonna take Lana or Koth anywhere. There is no point in it, running around with army of absolutely same clones.:rak_02:

Gear for companions is basically going to be for cosmetic appearance only, their stats will be based off your current level.

So dress them it whatever you like and there is no need to worry about upgrading them.

P.S. when it comes to the vanilia 1-50 companions, they are looking into a way to give you back your companions original gear as somebody gave them that idea.

Gear for companions is basically going to be for cosmetic appearance only, their stats will be based off your current level.

So dress them it whatever you like and there is no need to worry about upgrading them.

P.S. when it comes to the vanilla 1-50 companions, they are looking into a way to give you back your companions original gear as somebody gave them that idea.

You didn't get what i meant, but perhaps this is my fault and my bad eng. What i meant, that new companion's outfits won't be changeable. Like.. we meet Lana Beniko, we get her as a companion, bot won't be able to change her outfit. My whole question was about this rumor. Old companions outfits still can be changed, but Lana, Koth and others... They save their original look and i am not sure, this is cool, as we gonna have them as companions.

P.S. when it comes to the vanilia 1-50 companions, they are looking into a way to give you back your companions original gear as somebody gave them that idea.

As Jedi_riches said, The devs did say that you will be able to change your companions (new and old ones) appearances (armor) but that it will be a cosmetic change only as their stats will level up with you. So yes, if Lana or Mar are new companions, you should be able to change how they look. Or so the devs seems to have pointed out.