*** is up with all the new bugs??? NEW: Crew selection bug.

BobBudJones

OK, so I don't understand how all these new bugs are being introduced when the devs haven't done anything to balance/improve GSF in who knows how long....

That said, let's review:

1. Random components are unselected from ships upon login. This could be ANY ship. At first it seemed it was just weapons, but now I've had both upgrades and systems show up empty.

2. Crew problems. On at least one of my characters, I can't pick anyone but Ashy to be my Engineer. I can temporarily select someone else, but (a) they don't become available as a co-pilot choice and (b) when I close the starfighter window and open it again, Ashy's back as my Engineer. Every time. On every ship.

3. I haven't experienced this (because I've shied away from wasting the reqs on a broken upgrade) but apparently Sabotage Probe breaks completely if you equip it with the "reduce target speed" T5 upgrade. This sucks, because that's pretty clearly a better option than the other T5 choice.

4. Who knows what else....

Once again...how exactly do you break something that hasn't received any attention in ages??? I realize that GSF isn't that popular, but a lot of people love it; it's the primary reason I started playing again recently. These are pretty bad bugs that need attention!

EDIT: quit/reload fixed crew bug, but still

Edited by BobBudJones

2. Crew problems. On at least one of my characters, I can't pick anyone but Ashy to be my Engineer. I can temporarily select someone else, but (a) they don't become available as a co-pilot choice and (b) when I close the starfighter window and open it again, Ashy's back as my Engineer. Every time. On every ship.

That's not new. I noticed that one a while back. It happens when you've got a companion in "guest" status. Somehow that completely breaks the ability to set your own crew and they'll always switch back to the default. Push forward through class mission steps until that companion is no longer labeled as a "guest" and your GSF crew will be working correctly again.

edit: Logging out and back in fixed your crew? That's actually better than I remember it working. When I had that problem it was "permanent" (until you get the problem companion out of "guest" status). Relogging was completely irrelevant.

edit2: And only the engineer role? Because when I noticed the problem it was ALL roles.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho