Buying Cartel Ships

Ranorack

I'm aware they're just skins, but I have a few questions;

I know they're faction specific (Which is irksome given they're just slight recolours, meaning I might have to buy the one I want twice), but are they character, server or region specific as well? If I buy them on a character, do I need to rebuy them for each character on the same faction? Or are they available in every hanger? If I make a character on the same faction but on a different server will the ships be available there too? What about across to a different region (From EU to US)?

I'm aware they're just skins, but I have a few questions;

I know they're faction specific (Which is irksome given they're just slight recolours, meaning I might have to buy the one I want twice), but are they character, server or region specific as well? If I buy them on a character, do I need to rebuy them for each character on the same faction? Or are they available in every hanger? If I make a character on the same faction but on a different server will the ships be available there too? What about across to a different region (From EU to US)?

They are character specific which means you have to buy them for each individual character.

So if you have 8 empire characters and 8 republic characters on one server, you have to buy the same cartel ship 16 times to have it on all your characters.

They are character specific which means you have to buy them for each individual character.

So if you have 8 empire characters and 8 republic characters on one server, you have to buy the same cartel ship 16 times to have it on all your characters.

That... sucks. That -really- sucks. I could maybe get server specific but -character- specific? Well, I'm sure as heck not buying any then.

Honestly though, there isn't a whole lot of reason to need to do it on more than one character per faction per server. at the current cost of 90 cc per transfer, it's easier to just move your toon if you want to fly on a different server than unlock the cartel ships on each character you have on each server.

While I do support making those unlock-able account wide, the only thing I can think of off hand that benefits from having multiple characters per faction is the conquest objective for the Starfighter weekly.