Is jedi consular's story that bad?

Ccgv

I'm not personally a fan of the Consular story. It's the exact opposite of the Inquisitor story with the fangs removed from it.

Plus, as many others have noted - the Consular's voice (if you're a male toon) is kind of irritating. Of all of the class stories...to me it was the most boring and predictable.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not personally a fan of the Consular story. It's the exact opposite of the Inquisitor story with the fangs removed from it.

Plus, as many others have noted - the Consular's voice (if you're a male toon) is kind of irritating. Of all of the class stories...to me it was the most boring and predictable.

this does show that in the end humans and opinions are all very different.

I for one find it less predictable than the trooper which i just cant finish as its just the same over and over again its awful.

I also think that the Inquisitor while fun has a very bad chapter 3 start.

But at the end of the day to each there own.

What many seam to not think of is that each story is based on the character type. The opinions of many is based solely on what they personally like (not that that is bad). For example the oft maligned Trooper story is considered boring or repetitive by many. I have been in the military and also like my mitltary sci-fi. So I like the Trooper story line as it reflects a believable story for the trooper.

The Consular's story is similar as it is based on what a Consular does. It is not as flamboyant, sneeky or whatever as some of the others, but if you get into the role it plays out well.

What many seam to not think of is that each story is based on the character type. The opinions of many is based solely on what they personally like (not that that is bad). For example the oft maligned Trooper story is considered boring or repetitive by many. I have been in the military and also like my mitltary sci-fi. So I like the Trooper story line as it reflects a believable story for the trooper.

The Consular's story is similar as it is based on what a Consular does. It is not as flamboyant, sneeky or whatever as some of the others, but if you get into the role it plays out well.

Which could be the problem with the Consular's story. It's setup to be run as if one decided to go Sage and not a Shadow. So, there's to different mind sets to the Consular. The Trooper however works with whatever AC you choose.

The same goes for pretty much all the classes with maybe the Inquisitor favoring the Sorcerer AC, but I think Assassin works well with it okay. Consular is the one who got the short end :p

Having played through the consular story twice I really like it. It may not be my favorite story line but once you get past chapter 1 it really up. Although even then it has its bad moments but it delves into the history of the universe a bit more and goes into the culture of the voss more than other stories.

I played as a male character and people say that the voice acting was bad. I admit some of the things (e.g. "the jedi way is to serve") made me want to throw up and restart the conversation just to stop that stupid line.

I liked most of the companions some weren't that good but thats the same for all. The only ones I didn't like were Zenith and the Liutenent. My favorite ones were both Nadia (had to stop talking to her to stop the romance) and Theran + Holiday.

Out of the two jedi options I liked the consular more as a whole.

The consular story works for both AC, I don't know why some think it only fits for a sage, in both AC you're still a CONSULAR, (people somehow think if you've got a double bladed lightsaber and are gimped by game mechanics to the few spells that you see it doesn't fit) in fact it fits shadow more since most of the time what you do is behind the scenes and to protect the order, uncover the evil within, and destroy its enemies, that's Shadow's lore right there..

And you get something to say to Zenith and Iresso that fits very well with Shadow, with Iresso when he asks why you fight and you tell him "...There's poetry and logic in battle..." my favorite line, hence you're a spirit warrior :cool:

Really all classes can fit with any AC, use some imagination, those who say it only works for Sage are nitpicking, because I can say the same thing for all classes that they fit one archetype.

Well said, which is why I rank an my imperial agent as the lowest when others rank it as highest, I came in expecting an assassin for the Empire I got 007 and i'm not of a fan of those type of movies so to me it was the most "meh", it's all opinion.

Exact Opposite for BH and Trooper, I played them expecting to do what they're defined as and loved them both, people complain about BH that all he does is hunt bounties, well seriously :rolleyes: that's exactly why I picked that class lol (even though it's pretty limited as far as being a "good guy" BH but I understand their decision with the story, BH aren't good guys no matter how you spin it, you play a trooper for that, and the mandos are psychos)

Edited by Azareya