4.0 Warrior/Knight change discussion

LunarAshes

Annihilation is getting a major buff in 4.0... No more are the days of Leaping Backwards when fighting the Core in Revan. We now are going closer to our roots as a DoT spec with low duration high DPS DoT's. And the Swift Demise change is pretty nice, because it grants us another new filler that deals decent damage. Vicious Slash can hit for like 6k-7k Crits.

I don't rate Annihilation an overall nerf, I dont know if you're trying to agree or disagree, but sure.

Rend is 3 focus gain where charge is 4, and there's no buildup to bleed + crit rng getting any better so like it or not, you've lost something.

I never really considered leaping to core a big deal, you just walk back in. It's not like the reflect is threatening when Force Charge's damage pool is laughable

Vicious slash 6-7k hit is cute but its a skill thats easily pushed out once you reach your peak of snowball, throwing it in instead of something like rupture direct damage when 1 skill is compulsarary when another is arbitrary in it's rotation cycle. Even with the 3 second cooldown gap due to Annihlation + rupture cooldown & duration respectively, there's still maintenance work you'll be stuck doing just to solidify it's place in the rotation.

Your overall focus gain has decreased by one and they're throwing more focus/rage spenders into the mix.

It would've been simpler to just maintain close quarters and drop enraged charge, so you have 2x3 buildiers, without need to zone the target.

Slash and vicious gets higher placement and you have 4 focus builders and 4 focus spenders consistently in the rotation... and a twin saber throw

On another note, this upcomming patch does nothing to justify the sporadic aoe behavior of Twin Saber Throw's +100% damage amp on only the first target it hit's which is probably the laziliest and most pompous sh*t i've seen in a long list of lazy and pompous sh*t these guys have done.

PS - Can't wait to see what replaces Enraged Slash & Close Quarters... That's 2 discipline passives afterall

Edited by Bonzenaattori

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVP Anni/Watchman is getting a huge nerf with 4.0 and loses it's "signature thing"; Force Leap range 1-30m

(removal of Close Quarters).

This for me goes in the same bracket (worst kind of nerfs) with these:

1.Removal of self heals from FL for sin/shadow tanks

2.Removal of knockdown from Hidden Strike for Concealment Opers

..and here you see some PVE players getting "all technical" on how this will actually be a buff (LOL) for

Anni/Watchman in PVP.

So much false (PVP) in this thread I don't have enough energy to go through all of this.

If someone's even interested on 4.0 and Anni/Watchman PVP:

Nerfs:

1.Operating range of Force Leap will be reduced for 33%, it's CD will be increased for 20%.

(Close Quarters has been removed.)

2.CD on hardest hitting ability (Annihilate) will be increased for another 20%.

3.Devious Wounds now increases bleed damage by 5%, down from 10%, for 4.5 seconds up from 3 seconds.

4.Force Rend gets a CD, 15seconds. Hastened Rend (passive) reduces that CD to 12 seconds.

Buffs:

1. Force Rend costs no focus

2.Swift Demise has been redesigned: Annihilate has a 50% chance to build Swift Demise when activated, increasing damage your next Vicious Slash or Vicious Throw deals by 5% per stack. Stacks up to 2 times.

A few short remarks on rest of the changes:

1.One dot (Force Rend) will be shorter (from 15 sec to 9) BUT the other dot (Cauterize) will be longer (from 6 sec to 9).

Whatever positive happens to Force Rend from decreased duration will be countered by increased duration of Cauterize.

2.Enraged Charge has been removed (nerf). Countered by: Enraged Rend has been added (buff)

3. Why Force Rend will never replace Force Leap+Close Quarters in PVP:

Force Leap at full range & decreased CD (soon to be removed Close Quarters passive) is your only melee attack outside 4m (except ST every 18sec).... which is important because of:

Deadly Saber (CD 12 seconds!!!): next 3 successful melee attacks will make the target burn for xyDMG

over 6 seconds.

When you take in consideration the duration of dots, cooldown and requirements (12sec, 3xmelee attack)

of Deadly Saber, melee attacks at your disposal I hope you will understand why Force Rend can not

replace Force Leap+Close Quarters in PVP:

The other 2 mara/sent specs have a hard hitting ability on 10m range+ they are burst specs.

Anni/watchman needs more "time on target" , it's not a burst spec.