Returning - Completely lost

philipmikh

So, i subscribed to get the story xp boost - my interest for the game renewed thanks to a positive kotor 1 and 2 experience, but there are so many new things that im kinda overwhelmed. I've got a lot of experience with MMos, but i just want to know what there is to do in swtor, content wise

1 - I've received both republic and empire pilot armor box, which seems to be a adaptative armor - these are cool, but can they carry me to lv 50? like WOW heirloom items? how to i keep my gear updated? im not planning on doing any side quests, because they are boring as hell, that was the reason i quited a lv 27 character two years ago, too much fetch quests

2 - What about space battles? i've heard they are in the game now, what do i need to know to get started there?

3- Besides flashpoints and warzones, that im planning to do every few story missions, is there anything cool to check out during lvling? anything like raids, minigames, etc

Well, any information that would help a player that hasnt played since 2012 would be helpful, thanks in advance !

Regarding the armor, "Adaptive" means that it automatically scales to the heaviest weight of armor you can wear (light, medium, heavy). Most adaptive armors, including the pilot uniforms, are also customizable, which means you can use Armorings, Mods, and Enhancements to upgrade it. You can purchase those with Basic Commendations on the fleet, and you get about 48 on each planet just doing your class stories (you need 50 to completely upgrade a set of armor and weapons).

Galactic Starfighter is the space battle I think you're referring to, and you can access it by opening the hangar, the H key on your keyboard by default. We've got a forum where you can learn all about it, I'd take a look at that and ask the regulars about how to play before jumping in. Of course, you could just jump in, if you find that fun.

During leveling, you can run Flashpoints (dungeons), and Heroic missions for group content - but finding a group to do them is pretty difficult right now due to the class mission boost right now. Just running your class missions will frequently leave you overleveled for the planet you are on.

So, i subscribed to get the story xp boost - my interest for the game renewed thanks to a positive kotor 1 and 2 experience, but there are so many new things that im kinda overwhelmed. I've got a lot of experience with MMos, but i just want to know what there is to do in swtor, content wise

1 - I've received both republic and empire pilot armor box, which seems to be a adaptative armor - these are cool, but can they carry me to lv 50? like WOW heirloom items? how to i keep my gear updated? im not planning on doing any side quests, because they are boring as hell, that was the reason i quited a lv 27 character two years ago, too much fetch quests

2 - What about space battles? i've heard they are in the game now, what do i need to know to get started there?

3- Besides flashpoints and warzones, that im planning to do every few story missions, is there anything cool to check out during lvling? anything like raids, minigames, etc

Well, any information that would help a player that hasnt played since 2012 would be helpful, thanks in advance !

1. The adaptive gear still needs mods, it doesn't level with you. In swtor, adaptive just means that it's armor rating adjust to your class style. If your character wears heavy armor, it will give you heavy armor rating and damage reduction, if your class wears light armor, it will be light armor rating and damage reduction stats.

2. There are PvE space battles that you que up from your starship and there are pvp space battles that you que up from from your mini-map (there's a button that looks like a spaceship, with a tutorial to get you started).

3. There are no mini-games/raids for levelling. You won't be able to do a raid until level 50 at the earliest, but getting a raid group at that level will be very hard. Once 4.0 launches you'll be able to queue up for story mode raids at that level with bolster, but that's still months away. There's not much to do from level 1-59 at the moment besides class/planet missions, warzones and flashpoints besides starfighter (space battle pvp). But there's still a lot of content to get through in those levels if you're new (or just returning from a very long break).

Edited by orangenkaiser

There are some recurring events that are pretty fun to participate in when leveling, like the Bounty Contract event that happens once every month.

Yes, yes, yes! The Bounty Contract event rocks! And there's some cool gear available from the BBA rep vendors. I just wish there was a bowcaster set up for Commandos. (I.e. with "Requires Honking Big Gun" on it.)