Galactic Strongholds - More decoration specific packs! Or enable CC unlock !

Darth_Exar

Hello,

There is so much potential to implement static objects as decorations across SWTOR, the list is extremely large with what could be used and is already rendered. With this in mind, I would request that we get more decoration cartel packs solely dedicated to this. With the recent cartel packs released it occurs to me, or at least appears that each new decoration is reduced in the likeliness of it dropping, making it extremely expensive in both real life money and credits to obtain reasonable / snazzy appearing decorations to unlock. On top of this we have not had a decoration pack released for some time.

So if you are a RPer like myself who enjoys spending time decorating and then hosting events within the lavishly styled SHs, then I hope you would agree with me on this. Below is a link kindly provided by TOR decorating with a list of what could be used.

http://tor-decorating.com/interesting-decorations-not-yet-available-for-strongholds/

Edited by Darth_Exar

The CC unlock would just kill revenue off the packs completely and also upset alot of people that spent tons of real $ on them, love all these threads just give me now I don't want to pay full price for gambling or in game credits.

If you want multiples of something obtain them like everyone else has since the CM came out.

Edited by Theeko

The CC unlock would just kill revenue off the packs completely and also upset alot of people that spent tons of real $ on them, love all these threads just give me now I don't want to pay full price for gambling or in game credits.

If you want multiples of something obtain them like everyone else has since the CM came out.

And I do just that, Ive spent well over 50 million if not closer to 100mill with credits to buy duplicates for decorating and way to much CC then I care to admit, but like there are CC unlocks for cartel armor and other CM items, I very much doubt it would damage their revenue to the extent you seem to be stating, specifically if the player has to spend more CC to unlock it. Everything else that is a part of the Cartel Market is available within our collections, I don't see much point in decorations being the exception (The ones that are obtained via the CM to be specific). And the main point of this thread was to ask for more decoration specific packs which there are not an awful lot of compared to regular packs, let alone variety.

Am I asking them to make it a credits purchase unlock via collections like you can do with guild donations? No, it would still go to fund Bioware with the extra CC unlock, this still means you either have to buy it via the GTN or through packs first which hardly reduces the price of it to be fair when comparing it with real money.

On a final note, as my first post said, there is tons and tons of potential to go into deco packs, it just seems limiting that they only release it with normal packs.

Edited by Darth_Exar

True, they should make a decor only pack but being one that spent tons of in game creds and some real $ just seems the collection thing is just going a little to far. But they should really keep that Decor grand pack on the CM at all times then just to have a chance to get what you wanted though.

And I do just that, Ive spent well over 50 million if not closer to 100mill with credits to buy duplicates for decorating and way to much CC then I care to admit, but like there are CC unlocks for cartel armor and other CM items, I very much doubt it would damage their revenue to the extent you seem to be stating, specifically if the player has to spend more CC to unlock it. Everything else that is a part of the Cartel Market is available within our collections, I don't see much point in decorations being the exception (The ones that are obtained via the CM to be specific). And the main point of this thread was to ask for more decoration specific packs which there are not an awful lot of compared to regular packs, let alone variety.

Am I asking them to make it a credits purchase unlock via collections like you can do with guild donations? No, it would still go to fund Bioware with the extra CC unlock, this still means you either have to buy it via the GTN or through packs first which hardly reduces the price of it to be fair when comparing it with real money.

On a final note, as my first post said, there is tons and tons of potential to go into deco packs, it just seems limiting that they only release it with normal packs.

Absolutely spot on.

/signed

• 2 weeks later...

I really want decoration specific packs as well. It's great that we have some deco bundles with themes (luxury, underworld, Imperial, Republic, etc). But those have been around for a long time now. What about introducing some new deco packs or bundles, that contain items following a theme?

-Rishi (contains a bunch of the Rishi decorations)

-Hunter's (contains Mando items from the Outer Rim pack + weapons racks, hunter and slicer tables, etc)

-Noble's (contains Alderaan House decos, statues like the spearman's, the fountain decos, fancy tables and other furniture, maybe some plants or crystals)

-Sith (stuff from the Wild Space pack, plus older decos like the blood fountain, weapons racks, maybe a unique dark datacron assortment)

-Jedi (the Jedi stuff from the Core Worlds pack, plus older decos like fountains and stuff, maybe a unique light datacron assortment)