here's what I like... which AC?

gunslinger

All right, my sentinel is my third toon and the lowest level one. I picked sentinel over guardian because I want a DPS toon. Ok, so far so good.

My pvp play style thus far has been more in favor of instant cast abilities over channeled ones. I am more of an indirect attacker versus a jump in and whack. I tend to forget my defensive cooldowns, but I can learn to do that. I obviously still need to learn which skills to use in conjunction with others, but I'm only level 13 on my sentinel. I don't think my run around and whack folks approach lends itself to DoTs very well.

So that leaves me with combat and focus. Based on that playstyle description, what do you think I would prefer? I ask this because I might pick one and be ok, but I am not the best at theory crafting and figuring out how to maximize a build. So I ask you who are good at that and know the full potentials of each build what you think about it.

All right, my sentinel is my third toon and the lowest level one. I picked sentinel over guardian because I want a DPS toon. Ok, so far so good.

My pvp play style thus far has been more in favor of instant cast abilities over channeled ones. I am more of an indirect attacker versus a jump in and whack. I tend to forget my defensive cooldowns, but I can learn to do that. I obviously still need to learn which skills to use in conjunction with others, but I'm only level 13 on my sentinel. I don't think my run around and whack folks approach lends itself to DoTs very well.

So that leaves me with combat and focus. Based on that playstyle description, what do you think I would prefer? I ask this because I might pick one and be ok, but I am not the best at theory crafting and figuring out how to maximize a build. So I ask you who are good at that and know the full potentials of each build what you think about it.

Both of the remaining two trees will do well. Combat shines in the 30s and Focus shines in the 40s. Combat is more single target oriented while focus has some great AOE. Try them both, respec costs reset each week so don't hesitate to try a different tree for a few days and see how it goes.