Khem Val customisation

Hodari-NL

What kind of customisation will show up on this guy?

I don't see any difference on any items unfortunatly, only with weapons :( Would've been fun if you could put him on a bit more then he has on now :)

Is there even an item that makes an appearance difference on him other then the specific customisation item?

Edited by Hodari-NL

Armor doesn't change what he looks like. There are customizations that fit in the customization slot, bottom left on the character sheet. These will change what he looks like. He is not the only character that isn't affected by clothes. Treek and HK also have this "affliction".

Certain companions, such as droids and the more "monsterish" (or non-human-sized) ones, don't show any gear you put on them other than weapons. Their appearance can only be changed by using the Companion Customization slot.

I guess it's because the outfits in the game weren't designed to go on such large, small or oddly-shaped bodies as these.

Edited by PLynkes

What kind of customisation will show up on this guy?

I don't see any difference on any items unfortunatly, only with weapons :( Would've been fun if you could put him on a bit more then he has on now :)

Is there even an item that makes an appearance difference on him other then the specific customisation item?

Armor doesn't change what he looks like. There are customizations that fit in the customization slot, bottom left on the character sheet. These will change what he looks like. He is not the only character that isn't affected by clothes. Treek and HK also have this "affliction".

Certain companions, such as droids and the more "monsterish" (or non-human-sized) ones, don't show any gear you put on them other than weapons. Their appearance can only be changed by using the Companion Customization slot.

I guess it's because the outfits in the game weren't designed to go on such large, small or oddly-shaped bodies as these.

As the posters above me pointed out, Khem, like other Comps too, is totally unaffected by aesthetics of gear - though that doesn't mean you shouldn't upgrade it. :p

Companion Customizations can be purchased in different places and affect the majority of Comps, although some are easier to find than others. Here's a full list, on TOR Fashion. :)

You can purchase Companion Customizations on many places.

Balmorra, Taris, Belsavis and Ilum vendors are accessible to all. A few Customizations come just by playing - like the three you get once you finish the starting planet or those you get for HK in the Forged Alliances quest chain. Then there are some Collector Edition Vendor only customizations. There are also some tied to the Rakghoul Event, who require Reputation farming with it when it's around. Some who require a Security Key. And finally, some are tied to the Cartel Market, although those are very few in comparison to the others. :cool:

To point that out, the Comps that are unaffected by gear aesthetics and only change appearance depending on Customizations are:

- Khem Val, SI Comp.

- Bowdaar, Smuggler Comp.

- Broonmark, SW Comp.

- Blizz, BH Comp.

- All Droids (Ship Droids, HK-51, M1-4X, Scorpio and T7-01 too).

There are also Comps who just don't show the headpiece, but show everything else - bar hoods on hooded chestpieces, who don't show either. Those are still affected by Customization, of course. :o

Those are:

- Gault and Skadge for BH. Skadge also hides gloves.

- Ashara and Xalek for SI. Xalek also hides gloves, corrected. Thanks DocDAM for pointing that out. :o

- Yuun and Tanno for Trooper. Yuun also hides gloves.

- Qyzen for JC. Also hides gloves and boots.

- Guss Tuno for Smuggler. Also hides gloves and boots

- Sergeant Rusk for JK.

As Icestar pointed out below, Treek only changes appearance with Companion Customizations. Gear remains invisible. :cool:

Still, I hope this was of some help. :)

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

Wow, what detail!

I think Xalek doesn't show gloves either.

And an editorial comment that should probably go to the suggestion box:

I think all customizations should be offered at the start. Or made bound to legacy. It just seems so odd to change a comps physical appearance (i.e. a totally different person) "months" after they've been in my crew. So I never do it.

Wow, what detail!

I think Xalek doesn't show gloves either.

And an editorial comment that should probably go to the suggestion box:

I think all customizations should be offered at the start. Or made bound to legacy. It just seems so odd to change a comps physical appearance (i.e. a totally different person) "months" after they've been in my crew. So I never do it.

True, forgot about that detail as I rarely have used him in battle, and now he's just a guard for my SH. :o

Edited my first post. ;)

Wow "Cox_The_Beast" great detailed post!

Thanks, I like to be thorough when I can. Especially when it can be helpful to more than just the OP. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.