DPS for 186 gear combat sentinel

Tui-Gon

Okay I just ran a HM FP and noticed I was only doing 2,000 DPS. I figured it was because I kept running after adds. But then I tried out on my operation dummy and I only did about 2,500 DPS. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. My accuracy is capped. I haven't augmented all my gear just the body, head and legs. I've been following the rotation on dulfy and I did read some more about fitting an extra ability in my precision window by using twin saber throw right before precision. Any advice? Or is this really the best I can do in 186 gear? My guild mates said I should switch to watchman. Any help would be appreciated.

Okay I just ran a HM FP and noticed I was only doing 2,000 DPS. I figured it was because I kept running after adds. But then I tried out on my operation dummy and I only did about 2,500 DPS. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. My accuracy is capped. I haven't augmented all my gear just the body, head and legs. I've been following the rotation on dulfy and I did read some more about fitting an extra ability in my precision window by using twin saber throw right before precision. Any advice? Or is this really the best I can do in 186 gear? My guild mates said I should switch to watchman. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there mate,

Please spend a few moments and head to my Combat Sentinel guide. The link to the guide can be found in my signature. To answer your orginal question in 186 gear (I'm assuming it's comm gear) and 3/14 augments I would estimate you should be capable of around 3.5 to 3.7K DPS on a 1 million parse, with lucky Crits maybe a bit higher. This is of course dependent on your gearing strategy (I go over these in my guide). Let me give you some feedback on your posted parse.

- There are some issues with your fundamentals as they pertain to the priority system for Combat (Not a big deal these are in my guide :) )

- You're spamming Blade Rush to often which means you're missing out on either procs or higher priority abilities (This is something that can be fixed once you better understand the priority system.)

- Combat is all about speed and efficiency, part of that can be obtained by clipping Master Strike. What this term refers to is cancelling Master Strike at 0.3 seconds (or less, preferably 0.3 though) once the last hit has been calculated and damage has been dealt so that you gain that time towards pushing your Clashing Blast out sooner and ensuring that it strikes within the precision window. I can tell from the time stamps on your parse this is not being accomplished thus your Clashing blast is hitting for probably 3 to 5K less than it could be with that one simple change. This if any criticism i provide here is probably the easiest to fix.

- 38 APM is very low for the Combat spec. Combat Sentinels require the highest APM of any DPS class in the game right now. This is generally agreed upon to be upwards of 50 APM (If you choose an Alacrity gearing build then it should be closer to 53 or 55 APM) This is probably where you are losing the most DPS. It's simple math and averages so the longer it takes you to attack the less damage goes out over time and the less DPS you'll see as you parse.

Ok, so those are the big ones I would focus on for now. Work on those points and read over my guide. I currently hold the top Combat/Carnage parse on parsley and am 3rd among all Sentinel/Marauder specs on there as well so i promise i'm not steering you wrong with my advice lol. If you happen to be on the Shadowlands or Jedi Covenant server and would like to get more in depth help then feel free to message me through email (email address is in my signature) and let me know and we'll schedule a meet time and do some training to try and help you out. If you're not on those servers then i'm limited in what i can do for you but there are other methods that can be done to help you get better. Hope all of this has been constructive and positive feedback for you. Enjoy your Sentinel and good luck :D