The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Trandoshan race

frenchkinght

I do not see why trandoshan's can't be added to the game. Trandoshan's can be force sensitive, and can speak basic. You can hear them speak basic in republic command and the clone wars series I have been told. Trandoshan's have no reason for not being in the game you could just hide the feet gloves and head feature and a majority of people would still love this race. It's also not a hard fix you are not making new items for the race but removing things such as hide helmet. You also already have the models which I have heard are on player size. I am telling you adding trandoshan's as a race would be big everyone would want to buy it especially those people who are bounty hunters. You could make their voice sound like a voice modulator helmet to change it up. It would be a big race for you to add so high prices would make sense. It would also be different MMO's these days have at least one non purely looking human race but you do not so you could really take advantage of this. No one would have to restart just race change at the customize. [/color]

You could even do Trandoshan for the Empire and Saurin for the republic although most people would be fine for settling for saurin. Saurin are not trandoshan and have friendly relations with wookies. They are not politically or socially tied to trandoshan's they are of distant relation and have already been around seeing as revan took control of their planet before. I do not see why saurin would not work. READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST IT"S BEEN HERE!

Sources: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trandoshan

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Trandoshan

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dosh

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Saurin

Edited by frenchkinght
title change.

I do not see why trandoshan's can't be added to the game. Trandoshan's can be force sensitive, and can speak basic. You can hear them speak basic in republic command and the clone wars series I have been told. Trandoshan's have no reason for not being in the game you could just hide the feet gloves and head feature and a majority of people would still love this race. I am telling you adding trandoshan's as a race would be big everyone would want to buy it especially those people who are bounty hunters. You could make their voice sound like a voice modulator helmet to change it up. It would be a big race for you to add so high prices would make sense. It would also be different MMO's these days have at least one non purely looking human race but you do not so you could really take advantage of this. No one would have to restart just race change at the customize.

Sources: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trandoshan

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Trandoshan

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dosh

do you really think it would work with say a wookiee companion (smuggler)? would you really want to romance one? would they really work as a male type 4 body? Think it would be just a bit awkward when counselor has one and start having conversations with Qyzenn asking to explain score keeper? Do you really see one (as a species with a propensity for war) being savior or tython or member of the jedi counsel as Barsen'thor?

point 1.The republic or even the republic and empire could get Saurin. Saurins are different to trandoshan, and do not worship the score keeper or have hostilities towards wookies. They come from different regions and are distant relatives.

point 2. Trandoshan are not always hugely tall this can be stated in my source, and can be shown in republic commando the game.

point 3. Every one knows that the Jedi counsel is corrupt. Everyone knows that. Their have been Jedi trandoshans one died helping a wookie even, later though of course. Why would a Jedi discriminate against a force user taking at birth. Isn't that what a Jedi is not supposed to do, another thing is the trandoshan if taken from birth (s)he would not know it's culture so why would him explaining the scorekeeper be a problem lore wise.

I have change the title to trandoshan and or/saurin

Edited by frenchkinght
adding color

If you go through the storylines and get to the part with Malgus, he states that one of the reasons he was able recruit the Trandoshans is because they were rejected in some way from the republic.

Additionally, the lore that you go thru with the Jedi con pretty much confirms that Qyzen was a very unusual case.

Moreover, I really can't see a Transdoshan getting romantically involved with any of the other species.

I would like to see pcs be able to be Gaults species, though.

If you go through the storylines and get to the part with Malgus, he states that one of the reasons he was able recruit the Trandoshans is because they were rejected in some way from the republic.

Additionally, the lore that you go thru with the Jedi con pretty much confirms that Qyzen was a very unusual case.

Moreover, I really can't see a Transdoshan getting romantically involved with any of the other species.

I would like to see pcs be able to be Gaults species, though.

Why could the saurin not be involved they are not political or socially tied to the trandoshans? I would like to see saurin for the republic and trandoshan for the empire. Although I am fine with settling for saurin

Edited by frenchkinght

Even if they speak Basic, I just can't see them working with the current voice actors. Take the female Inquisitor: You really want a Trandoshan who sounds like she's from Downton Abbey? Admittedly, it would be hilarious.

And you know they're not going to revoice everything in the game just for a new species. Never gonna happen.

Edited by PLynkes

Reasons against have been pointed out in many many many -other- threads asking for the same thing (search is your friend!)

I just have to add

wookiEE

WookiEE

WookiEE

there are TWO Es!

who would have thought there were two ee in wookie

Since none of you have read what I last posted I said a good replacement for a trandoshan is a Saurin they are not religiously,politically,or even close relatives they are distant relatives. They even speak differently.. They are physically different but not by much. Just because none of you have read my last post here it is again. They also have human like hands as seen in the original series here are two of them in the link bellow.

Saurin's are not trandoshan's they can work.

http://www.autographcity.co.uk/catalog/images/lauriegoode.jpg

Edited by frenchkinght

who would have thought there were two ee in wookie

What is your reason's for not socially accepting saurin heck they even sometimes wear human shoes. I don't think it's enjoyable but they do. I could not see them going wrong with saurin they are peaceful traders, and have been seen with both a British and north american accent. you can't go wrong with saurin

Even if they speak Basic, I just can't see them working with the current voice actors. Take the female Inquisitor: You really want a Trandoshan who sounds like she's from Downton Abbey? Admittedly, it would be hilarious.

And you know they're not going to revoice everything in the game just for a new species. Never gonna happen.

Like I said previously, but none of you seem to read anything I type! Saurin are not trandoshan's and could work!

Edited by frenchkinght

Will NEVER happen.

Could they hide head/hand/feet? sure.

speak basic? sure

change models to make them different than every other trandoshan in the game? sure

alter 1-60 content to remove all romance options? .......sure, they said they never would, but it isn't totally impossible.

Do all of this? not a chance in hell.

Will NEVER happen.

Could they hide head/hand/feet? sure.

speak basic? sure

change models to make them different than every other trandoshan in the game? sure

alter 1-60 content to remove all romance options? .......sure, they said they never would, but it isn't totally impossible.

Do all of this? not a chance in hell.

You would not need to hide hands or feet with saurin, they have human like hands and can wear human shoes even though they don't prefer to. I don't see your point. Romance wise they could never have a child but I don't see the problem with a romance. If anything gets enough support it would happen. They are a business meaning that in order to stay on top of the market they need to do things that financially befit them. Other wise they would not release outfits in packs. It's more financially successful to sell outfits in packs because it is harder to get so you need to buy more to get the whole set as you won't get it in one pack. It is financially viable to sell them in packs.

Edited by frenchkinght

You would not need to hide hands or feet with saurin, they have human like hands and can wear human shoes even though they don't prefer to. I don't see your point. Romance wise they could never have a child but I don't see the problem with a romance.

It won't happen for one simple reason and it's the same reason why we will never get Wookiee as a playable species. They will never add a species to the game which doesn't naturally speak basic as that would make the game's story force some players to read it and you would end up hearing a lot of the same sounds for different things. With companions it's different in that they aren't speaking in every quest. BioWare said pre-launch that there will never be a playable race which doesn't naturally speak basic. Granted this game is considered Legends canon now, but I doubt they will go against the official canon to add a species. I don't remember Trandoshans speaking basic in Republic Commando other than saying "Affirmative" and "Negative" saying one word in a language is not speaking a language. I don't really remember them speaking it at all in The Clone Wars, but if that happened for more than one word, that might be an argument for their inclusion, but I don't think that all of the class voices would really fit well with their species even if they can speak basic.

Edited by SuperGrunt

im actually quite tired of the argument against species being considered as "but what about the romance able options" idgaf.. romance options are tying this game down, pun sorta intended. You dont think its right for a lizard creature to romance/marry/get it on with humanoids, then dont choose those options..

not allowing different species to mate outside of their species is discrimination and I AM OFFENDED!!! :eek:

Edited by JSitruc

im actually quite tired of the argument against species being considered as "but what about the romance able options" idgaf.. romance options are tying this game down, pun sorta intended. You dont think its right for a lizard creature to romance/marry/get it on with humanoids, then dont choose those options..

not allowing different species to mate outside of their species is discrimination and I AM OFFENDED!!! :eek:

I am glad you agree, different species could romance one another just not mate. I don't see the problem with them being added and you are the only one who has been supportive thank you.

I am glad you agree, different species could romance one another just not mate. I don't see the problem with them being added and you are the only one who has been supportive thank you.

most people are not supportive because the races are not exactly popular (for anything other than BH) and the effort required is not necessarily worth the return on investment.

Wookiees are very popular, but they also do not get much support due to the size issues, and yes lore. You have presented your suggestions and people have countered. Just don't expect them to ever be done is all. You've made the suggestion and now it is up to them to decide if its worth the effort.

its nothing personal, I just don't think many people would purchase them or use them outside of one specific class and even then probably not much as the other highly requested races (wookiees, rodians, and less humanoid species not withstanding).

Edited by DOHboy

most people are not supportive because the races are not exactly popular (for anything other than BH) and the effort required is not necessarily worth the return on investment.

Wookiees are very popular, but they also do not get much support due to the size issues, and yes lore. You have presented your suggestions and people have countered. Just don't expect them to ever be done is all. You've made the suggestion and now it is up to them to decide if its worth the effort.

its nothing personal, I just don't think many people would purchase them or use them outside of one specific class and even then probably not much as the other highly requested races (wookiees, rodians, and less humanoid species not withstanding).

I still don't see a counter to saurins. One was never mentioned they have 5 finger human hands. can wear shoes can speak in north american/briths accent. Force capable what is wrong with a suarin? I understand it would be a one class thing but how many people do you see play twilek I have seen 3 after the first release week for imperials. Although I tend not to pay attention but today I did. I would also see them making the production value back. Even if it is for one of the most well played classes in the game. I have also seen a lot of people express support in game.

Edited by frenchkinght

I still don't see a counter to saurins. One was never mentioned they have 5 finger human hands. can wear shoes can speak in north american/briths accent. Force capable what is wrong with a suarin? I understand it would be a one class thing but how many people do you see play twilek I have seen 3 after the first release week for imperials. Although I tend not to pay attention but today I did. I would also see them making the production value back. Even if it is for one of the most well played classes in the game. I have also seen a lot of people express support in game.

how many play twi'lek...quite a few i would probably guess at least 1 for every player in the game (not everyone plays them but many players have multiple chars) they are perhaps the most played race beyond human I would guess. or do you mean togruta which was just released here recently? I know quite a few who played togruta as it was probably the most requested species outside of cathar after release and took them 4 years to finally give it. I don't suspect it would be overly popular on imp side but it is very popular on republic. If you are not seeing many of either togrua or twi'lek i strongly suggest looking harder as they are both extremely popular.

how many play twi'lek...quite a few i would probably guess at least 1 for every player in the game (not everyone plays them but many players have multiple chars) they are perhaps the most played race beyond human I would guess. or do you mean togruta which was just released here recently? I know quite a few who played togruta as it was probably the most requested species outside of cathar after release and took them 4 years to finally give it. I don't suspect it would be overly popular on imp side but it is very popular on republic. If you are not seeing many of either togrua or twi'lek i strongly suggest looking harder as they are both extremely popular.

The empire is also the most popular faction and a lot of imps would love to play lizard bounty hunters which I would say is the second most popular class for imps. The togrua are not popular with imperials so it was manly made for your faction I would assume. Just like some republic players would probably play trandoshan/saurin. Also I see a lot of secondary trandoshan/saurin imperial characters.

Edited by frenchkinght

I would love to play a trandoshan JK, BH too. I want Kel Dor as well, don't really like most of the species we have now (have one zabrak, one pureblood, one chiss and one cyborg, the rest of my chars are human), but well, I can only wish and hope.

For the voices I would settle with the alien ones that npcs have, and for romance...is not compulsory to be in one with all characters...

Love the game as it is though.