Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

adaptive Pristine Vindicator Greaves?

Mournblood

Hi everyone.

Not sure I'm posting this in the right place, but I wanted to ask for some community help here. I've been putting together the (adaptive/orange) Pristine Vindicator set for my Jedi - not the legendary/purple set, which looks completely different - and I have the entire set now except for the leg armor. I've been checking the GTN religiously for several weeks now, I've searched the internet in every way I can think of, and I even submitted an in-game ticket to find out if they actually exist in the game (the CSR could only confirm that they do exist, but couldn't tell me where or how to get them). So my question and plea for help is does anyone know where these drop, or how to get them?

(Again, this is for the orange/adaptive version of the Pristine Vindicator Greaves, not the purple/legendary version.)

Thanks in advance!

i think this might be the purple one but either way tor fasions proably your best bet

http://tor-fashion.com/artifact-pristine-ardent-blade-pristine-ardent-warrior-pristine-paragon-pristine-vindicator-pub/

I actually own the purple/legendary version of those greaves, and if I didn't, I could have bought them off the GTN long ago. But you get the purple/legendary version of the set when you complete the Oricon storyline on a character. Unfortunately, they don't match the adaptive/orange version of the set. As I mentioned, the purple version looks very different from the orange version.

I appreciate the intention to help nonetheless.

Edited by Mournblood

Well it doesn't look like anyone who's read this so far knows, so I'll offer some incentive. Whomever can legitimately tell me where or how to find these greaves, I'll offer a 1m credit finder's fee bounty (you'll have to collect from Ferrex on Begeren).

Wanted to follow up on this.

If anyone has any information about where, or how, I can get the (adaptive/orange) Pristine Vindicator Greaves, please send me a Private Message. Again, whomever is the first to provide me the information that leads me to getting these, there's a 1000000 credit bounty awaiting you on Begeren.

The orange set isn't adaptive, it's restricted to heavy armour. The only way to get around that is with Outfit Designer. And what do the greaves look like? If they have a lookalike on the CM, that should help.

Yes, you're right. Perhaps I'm misusing the term adaptive here. Regardless, it's the ORANGE version that I'm after. The set is for my Jedi, as I mentioned, who wears heavy armor. Currently, I'm wearing a Black Market (purple) greaves that look ok with the rest of the set, but they aren't part of the set. I want to complete the set, and as I also mentioned earlier, the CSR did at least confirm the (orange) Pristine Vindicator Greaves are available in the game.....somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a crafting schematic for blue, unmoddable level 53 Pristinine Vindicator Greaves that seem to match the rest of the orange set. If you put the entire set into outfit designer, this should work.

https://goo.gl/photos/KiHzdjCQAEevUNsm9

This and this also indicates that the greaves don't exist as orange/moddable version... :( (Or maybe they are in the game, but not obtainable. CS isn't really a reliable source.)

Crafting schematics only seem to be available for Headgear and Greaves, which are the ones for which no orange BoE items seem to exist (assuming the chestpiece is BoP).

Out of curiosity: Where did you pick up the chestpiece? It's looks like an interesting set.

ETA: I have not seen the chestpiece, but all other pieces point to this set being a variant of the Polished Sentinel / Ablative Turadium set (for which no boots seem to exist :rolleyes: yet more sloppy implementation). So if you're dead-set on getting a moddable item, those pants may do the trick if color-matched.

Edited by KyaniteD

Yes, you're right. Perhaps I'm misusing the term adaptive here. Regardless, it's the ORANGE version that I'm after. The set is for my Jedi, as I mentioned, who wears heavy armor. Currently, I'm wearing a Black Market (purple) greaves that look ok with the rest of the set, but they aren't part of the set. I want to complete the set, and as I also mentioned earlier, the CSR did at least confirm the (orange) Pristine Vindicator Greaves are available in the game.....somewhere.

If it's "Sithy armor" and you want it for a Jedi, then adaptive is the word you are looking for. If it's not "Sithy," then you don't need it to be adaptive because you can just use the outfit designer.

Heavy/light/medium is irrelevant for the outfit designer.

Edited by branmakmuffin

There is a crafting schematic for blue, unmoddable level 53 Pristinine Vindicator Greaves that seem to match the rest of the orange set. If you put the entire set into outfit designer, this should work.

https://goo.gl/photos/KiHzdjCQAEevUNsm9

This and this also indicates that the greaves don't exist as orange/moddable version... :( (Or maybe they are in the game, but not obtainable. CS isn't really a reliable source.)

Crafting schematics only seem to be available for Headgear and Greaves, which are the ones for which no orange BoE items seem to exist (assuming the chestpiece is BoP).

Out of curiosity: Where did you pick up the chestpiece? It's looks like an interesting set.

ETA: I have not seen the chestpiece, but all other pieces point to this set being a variant of the Polished Sentinel / Ablative Turadium set (for which no boots seem to exist :rolleyes: yet more sloppy implementation). So if you're dead-set on getting a moddable item, those pants may do the trick if color-matched.

Thank you, Kyanite.

I believe those blue crafted pants cannot be modded. I could put it all in outfit designer as you suggested, but the problem with that is the cloak color on the chest gets messed up (bug?) in outfit designer, even if it's dyed. I am wondering however if the blue crafted version can be reverse engineered to a moddable version.

As for the (orange) set itself, it looks amazing. It's similar to the Valiant set, only the hood is up and there are armor plates on the shoulders. I honestly can't remember where I got the chest, but I think it was a BoE drop from a tactical FP. I posted the set on TOR Fashion for those interested in seeing what it looks like: http://tor-fashion.com/dvirr-begeren-colony/ .

If it's "Sithy armor" and you want it for a Jedi, then adaptive is the word you are looking for. If it's not "Sithy," then you don't need it to be adaptive because you can just use the outfit designer.

Heavy/light/medium is irrelevant for the outfit designer.

The set looks different depending on which faction is wearing it. For the Republic side, it looks cool. For the Imperial side, not so much. And as I mentioned earlier, the problem with outfit designer is the cloak on the chest piece turns gray and won't display the correct color, even if it's dyed. No doubt one of those annoying bugs that is very low on Bioware's list of things to fix.

Thank you, Kyanite.

I believe those blue crafted pants cannot be modded. I could put it all in outfit designer as you suggested, but the problem with that is the cloak color on the chest gets messed up (bug?) in outfit designer, even if it's dyed. I am wondering however if the blue crafted version can be reverse engineered to a moddable version.[/Quote]

No, the blue crafted version cannot be RE'd at all, not even to a purple version.

If you have the whole set and want to use it undyed, you can equip the whole set and put just the pants in outfit designer. Every slot that's not equipped in outfit designer will automatically show what's equipped in the underlying base sheet. (You can use any other orange moddable leg item in the base sheet for the stats.)

If you're using dyes, you may have to dye the pants in the outfit designer slot.

As for the (orange) set itself, it looks amazing. It's similar to the Valiant set, only the hood is up and there are armor plates on the shoulders. I honestly can't remember where I got the chest, but I think it was a BoE drop from a tactical FP. I posted the set on TOR Fashion for those interested in seeing what it looks like: http://tor-fashion.com/dvirr-begeren-colony/ .

Oh yes, that looks pretty good. :rak_03:

ETA: I checked, and the Synthweaver sets Reinforced Hollinium and Polished Peacekeeper both produce the same look with that dye, so the greaves from those sets may work. But with the way they dye you may prefer the one you have or an undyed/unmatched sole Pristine Vindicator Greaves in an outfit designer slot. :)

Edited by KyaniteD

No, the blue crafted version cannot be RE'd at all, not even to a purple version.

If you have the whole set and want to use it undyed, you can equip the whole set and put just the pants in outfit designer. Every slot that's not equipped in outfit designer will automatically show what's equipped in the underlying base sheet. (You can use any other orange moddable leg item in the base sheet for the stats.)

If you're using dyes, you may have to dye the pants in the outfit designer slot.

ETA: I checked, and the Synthweaver sets Reinforced Hollinium and Polished Peacekeeper both produce the same look with that dye, so the greaves from those sets may work. But with the way they dye you may prefer the one you have or an undyed/unmatched sole Pristine Vindicator Greaves in an outfit designer slot. :)

Good suggestions, Kyanite. I'll try the Polished Peacekeeper first to see how those look since they can be modded.

And of course, if anyone knows where the actual (orange) Pristine Vindicator Greaves drop, the reward still stands.

Only by adding an augment slot. Purple "artifact" is not moddable. Purple "legendary" is. Pretty sure no one can craft "legendary" items.

Um, not quite right. All the moddable purples in the game are artifact. There are only two confirmed legendary items in the game, and that's the blaster barrels from the Chevin Event crossbows ("mastercraft"). Color-wise the legacy gear from gear tokens is legendary, too, but that doesn't really match up in terms of stats compared to artifact gear.

The ops token gear can be RE'd into orange schematics.

With pre-equipped items the color of the shell is green if the mods are all green/premium (see default companion gear), orange when at least one mod is blue/prototype, and purple when the mods are purple/artifact. The default color for empty moddables is orange (hence ops gear being RE'd to orange schematics). The droid shells may be green because -> companion only.

</OT>

And of course, if anyone knows where the actual (orange) Pristine Vindicator Greaves drop, the reward still stands.

I really wouldn't count on it if two databases getting infos from actual files don't list them. Like I said, CS is not a very reliable source. Besides, Orange/Prototype is often listed as equivalent (if you search GTN for Prototype, orange gear shows up, see also above), so the blue greaves and headgear may actually be the pieces belonging to this set and them being unmoddable just another bug/oversight, as common with crafted gear in that level range.

Edited by KyaniteD

Um, not quite right. All the moddable purples in the game are artifact. There are only two confirmed legendary items in the game

Um, you need to become familiar with the "quality" menu in the GTN interface.

With pre-equipped items the color of the shell is green if the mods are all green/premium (see default companion gear), orange when at least one mod is blue/prototype, and purple when the mods are purple/artifact.

Moddable gear with mods in it is classified as "legendary." Again, look at the GTN interface. It's a darker purple than artifact. Orange is labeled "custom." Premium, prototype, artifact, legendary, custom.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Um, you need to become familiar with the "quality" menu in the GTN interface.

Moddable gear with mods in it is classified as "legendary." Again, look at the GTN interface. It's a darker purple than artifact. Orange is labeled "custom." Premium, prototype, artifact, legendary, custom.

Oh, I'm familiar with the colors. The legendary search yields the same results as the custom search. It even lists green droid shells and orange armor with blue/green mods. I would call it a bug.

A prototype, an artifact and a legendary quality barrel. See the color difference? None of the gear showing up under legendary has that color, you must have noticed that.

Edited by KyaniteD

• 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.