A thought on the Emperor's Wrath and the "Darth" title.

that_Spartan_IV

We should all know by now that originally the Emperor's Wrath, had just that title, Emperor's Wrath, then Bioware shortly changed it to "Darth" for obvious reasons. In the lore however, the Emperor's Wrath is never bestowed the "Darth" title, as evidenced by others calling him "Lord Wrath" and what-not.

But then I had a thought....what if the Emperor's Wrath merely took the "Darth" title? This isn't unheard of, seeing as Darth Andeddu did it, Darth Ruin did it, and Darth Bane did it (Some even say that Naga Sadow had the "Darth" title, but I have no clue where as it's never mentioned)

The reason I bring this up is because someone of that caliber should surely have the "Darth" title. It simply doesn't make sense otherwise. Darth Nox/Occulus/Imperius was bestowed the "Darth" title from the Dark Council, but surely the Dark Council doesn't bestow that on literally every single "Darth". In fact, if I recall correctly, Veradun wasn't bestowed the name "Darth Malgus", he took it (that is, if I'm remembering it right)

I don't know, someone correct me if I'm wrong. (Email me if you want a pizza roll)

if the emperors wrath had the promotion to darth, none of the dark council members can do anything about the warrior, because the wrath is in effect the emperors executioner and part of his voice as well, no matter what the other darths think or say, that power alone of being second to the emperor himself would effectively mean that the emperors wrath could lead the dark council if the emperor demanded it. there is no way the other darths would give the emperors wrath the title of darth, not with that kind of power.

however since the warrior ends up denoncing the emperor on ziost and yavin anyways, after that point he could be given the title as the empires wrath, the dark councils executioner and part time voice. allow the executioner to build up a little powerbase. but the other darths could see that as a potential jackpot.

there is no way the emperors wrath would be given that title or honor.

I figure that if you start calling yourself "Darth" and nobody wants to risk arguing with you over it, then you're a Darth. :) Waiting for someone else to confer the title upon you doesn't really sound like the way of a true Sith.

^

This right here is how it works.

Yes, Wrath is more prestigious title than a Darth, but nowhere is it implied that they are mutually exclusive.

Edited by Karkais