Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Comms in 4.0

DarthJP

Ladies and gents,

I have a quick question, what will happen in 4.0 for comms? Will they be merged into 1 new currency and we have to farm again or will my ulti's remain ulti's? If I can get the "level 65" mods with existing comms that would be awesome.

Before I spend what I have would like to know - am sure am not alone :rak_angelic:

Annything announced?

Thx

All comms will be rendered useless. Except the ones you run out of before the expansion releases. Those will be used to purchase the really cool things. /sarcasm

Anyway, the higher end comms are always reduced down to planetary ones or some such. It keeps the balance in check.

it will be the same as other expansions (with 99.9% certainty). All PVE Commendation will be rolled into basic commendations. For example, in 3.0 SOR Expansion

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1222014/game-update-3.0-shadow-revan-early-access

"Elite" and "Ultimate" Commendations are still available in-game, but currently held Commendations have been converted to Basic Commendations. Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations remain untouched. The conversion rate is as follows:

2 Classic Commendations = 1 Basic Commendation

1 Basic Commendation = 1 Basic Commendation

1 Elite Commendation = 2 Basic Commendations

1 Planetary Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

1 Ultimate Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

From RotHC to SoR. What Bioware did is there was a commendation conversion system.

Your maximum commendations got boosted to 1000 over the cap, so you could get 2000/1000 basic commendations.

Every Elite and Ultimate commendations were converted to Basic commendations. There was a conversation ratio.

I don't remember exactly but it was like Every elite commendation is worth 3 basic comms and every ultimate commendation was worth 5 basic comms. This is my rough example of how it worked because I don't have the numbers to confirm. This post is just an example of how it worked. (user JSitruc confirmed the numbers, check his post above mine)

So when you started SoR you could have

2000/1000, Basic comms

0/max, Elite comms

0/max, Ultimate comms

Two possibilities here (1) commedations remain untouched or (2) a commedation conversion system again.

If Bioware announces commedations remaining untouched people are going to hoard Ultimate commedations to speed up gearing in KotFE.

Edited by Falensawino

I hope they don't convert them into basic comms, again. I'm still sitting on my 10k+ basic comms from SoR release. -.-'

Gimme some. I will turn them into credits. That's above 4 millions sitting in your inventory.

Edited by PavSalco

If history repeats itself, everything will convert to the lowest commendation currency with some allowance for amounts over caps.

It should be noted that unless they remove or reset warzone commendations (which they have never done), PVP players will be able to hoard warzone commendations now and stockpile enough to buy full sets of the best PVP gear (assuming PVP gear is still all sold for wz comms) the minute servers go live in 4.0.

Even if they don't 'downgrade' PVE commendations, PVE players have such low caps on the higher tier commendations they wouldn't be able to buy full sets of gear, so not sure why they always feel the need to downgrade PVE commendations.

Edited by DawnAskham

From RotHC to SoR. What Bioware did is there was a commendation conversion system.

Your maximum commendations got boosted to 1000 over the cap, so you could get 2000/1000 basic commendations.

Every Elite and Ultimate commendations were converted to Basic commendations. There was a conversation ratio.

I don't remember exactly but it was like Every elite commendation is worth 3 basic comms and every ultimate commendation was worth 5 basic comms. This is my rough example of how it worked because I don't have the numbers to confirm. This post is just an example of how it worked. (user JSitruc confirmed the numbers, check his post above mine)

So when you started SoR you could have

2000/1000, Basic comms

0/max, Elite comms

0/max, Ultimate comms

Two possibilities here (1) commedations remain untouched or (2) a commedation conversion system again.

If Bioware announces commedations remaining untouched people are going to hoard Ultimate commedations to speed up gearing in KotFE.

good info. thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.