A couple of Noob Questions Please

ObiLongAgo

Okay I am loving this game, haven't logged into Wow for days now, muahaha. Could someone please tell me how to shut my companion up please? No no not my friend I play with, I mean my ingame companion. Honestly he doesn't need to tell me every time we eliminate an enemy. Yes, I can see he's dead now shaddap and go shoot someone else. I looked through the interface and the other settings, is there a place to stop his prattling? It kind of gets on my nerves. I'm a storm trooper and he is the companion who is assigned to me. thank you.:p

My second question; is there a way to come to the forums after leaving the game without having to go back to the desktop? Probably not, I just thought I would ask.

Edited by ObiLongAgo
adding second question

Preferences > Sound > Voice Volume > Turn to 0

That turns everything off, what the community has been asking for forever is a option to turn off the companion voice in combat, this has been a issue especially since Treek showed up with her chatter.

That turns everything off, what the community has been asking for forever is a option to turn off the companion voice in combat, this has been a issue especially since Treek showed up with her chatter.

Yeah I know :)

Was just offering a solution.... Would be nice to mute companions only. Although, I don't see it as too much of a problem.

My second question; is there a way to come to the forums after leaving the game without having to go back to the desktop? Probably not, I just thought I would ask.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Once you "leave the game", aren't you then on the desktop? Or do you simply mean you want to alt-tab out of the game?

If you want to access the forums while you're in the game, you could simply leave your browser open (on the forums) in the background and alt-tab back and forth. (It helps if you have 8Gigs of RAM or more.)

Or, as in my case, have the browser open on your secondary monitor while you play on your main monitor.

Edit,- it just occurred to me that you may be using Windows 8.1 and exiting SWTOR is taking you back to the start screen. In that case, you can either launch SWTOR from the desktop, and not use the start screen, or put a link to SWTOR forums on the start screen.

Edited by JediQuaker

I guess so, it feels good that they change the companions in the expansion. I will probably never use Treek again until they make a option to silence her chatter.

I am so looking forward to 4.0. Just seeing Lana Beniko wield two lightsabers and heal the Outlander was awesome. Allowing all companions to fill all roles is a great shift in the game!

I am so looking forward to 4.0. Just seeing Lana Beniko wield two lightsabers and heal the Outlander was awesome. Allowing all companions to fill all roles is a great shift in the game!

Yeah I agree, I am sure that the new expansion will be awesome :tran_smile:

Thank you everyone. So nice to be in a forum where being new is not met with derision. Okay I will refrain from smacking my companion upside the head and telling him to shut the...ahem...to shush please. :)

As for my second question, I am indeed on Windows 8.1 and I was just wondering if there was a way, after I log out and come back to character menu, to access the forums. Just being lazy, looking for a shortcut and its no big at all. Again, my thanks, and now I am off to rant on the customer service forums about the email they just sent in response to a ticket I opened about something a little more important.

sigh, should have known when dealing EA right? Have a good weekend folks.

I was just wondering if there was a way, after I log out and come back to character menu, to access the forums.

The webpage and the forum are not connected to the game. I am glad they have it thatway since if they connect the game to a web browser they will also open up for all kinds of security problems.

You have to log out of the game and log in with the web browser you use, you can however be online with the game and the forum at the same time if you like to alt-tab between them.

Edited by Icestar

The webpage and the forum are not connected to the game. I am glad they have it thatway since if they connect the game to a web browser they will also open up for all kinds of security problems.

You have to log out of the game and log in with the web browser you use, you can however be online with the game and the forum at the same time if you like to alt-tab between them.

Thank you Icestar. That makes sense and once I thought about it I realized that is true with pretty much all games.