The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Outlaw's Set and Collections

So, I just spent ~700k buying the rest of the pieces I needed on a character to have the full Outlaw's set, so I could unlock it in my collections.

I put on the pieces and jumped to my other character... only to realize there is no "unlock" button for that set on there. I'm assuming it's because of the level 31 mods on the set, and also assuming that the other gear sets in the "Equipment" tab of the CM that also have the level 31 or 15 mods function the same way.

This is a bit silly, I'm not going to pay ~$15 every time I want the Outlaw's Boots.

Bioware should remove the mods from those sets and make them regular adaptive sets for level 1, and just add in a separate thing in "Equipment" for Level 15 and 31, that is just a box that contains a full set of purple item mods that you could put in your gear, one for each class (or just 1 for Mastery in 4.0), so that people can actually collect these sets.

Yeah, that makes sense now, what with 12x and the reduced commendation price for armor.

But I see what they originally meant, when I first started playing, I actually bought level 15 and 31 armor for my first character because he kept dying and I had no other way to get better armor, being a preferred player I couldn't really craft or make enough money to buy better stuff.

But those days are long over and people mostly care about cosmetics...

Get yourself the Thana Vesh set for the boots, and the CorSec set for the jacket.

None of the modded level-restricted gear from the Cartel Market can be unlocked in Collections. It does go on sale pretty frequently, though.

The Thana Vesh boots and Exposed Extrovert boots have the same mesh, but not the same textures as the Outlaw ones, but yes, I know about those, thanks.

It's just silly that these sets can't be unlocked.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately you will have to pay $15 dollars each time you want the outlaw boots or purchase the boots on the gtn. All of my characters minus 2-3 have the outlaw boots, which I acquired by buying several of the outlaw sets from the cm or from the gtn, about 50/50. If you examine the gtn you notice there are many outlaw chest, pants, ect, but not many or none at all outlaw boots. That direct to buy purchase is probably a good seller. People only buy it for the boots. Either pay up for and buy the set from the cm or pay the gtn price. You could wait until the set is on sale, but unlikely. I bought all my sets when they were on sale and price on gtn were very cheap, market was flood by them.

Actually, at least two of my characters have a pair because back then the outfit system did not exist so I bought one for my character and one for my companion. There might be more than two of my characters that have pair of those boots, but I haven't paid attention since I only need one.

Edited by Knockerz