Keybinds

Facotix

Sounds like you are then using the mouse to click on the powers on your quickbar? I think most recommend using the mouse for movement/targeting, and keyboard (or gaming mouse buttons) for abilities. So ...

I use all of 1-10, and the - and + keys, as well as most of the Function keys. I'm pretty much a touch-typist so I also use most of the letter keys with easy identifiers to the power. Like G for Guard, P for Push, R for Resolute, K for Kick, etc. Most used abilities go on the 1st quickbar, from 1-10:

1) Strike

2) Slash

3) Force Leap

4) Force Sweep

5) Master Strike

6) Overhead Slash

7) Sundering Strike

8) Combat Focus

0) Force Stasis

etc.

I set the upper R keys (Print Screen, Scroll Lock, Pause) to Force Might, Introspection, and my Mount respectively since I use these so much and the keys are easy to access.

Now when I play other classes, I tend to use the same keys as those for similar powers (not by name anymore). For example K was my JK's interrupt. So now I always put the interrupt on K no matter if it is named Jolt, etc.

Not sure why I didn't use the keypad 1-9 keys. But everyone has a different method.

Hi!, again

Im sure im not playing well this game, i use the 1-5 keys and the rest, the might mouse :x

So, im a Jedi knight, guardian, vigilance actually, any guide about key binding?

Get a MMO mouse or bind your abilitys to keys around your movment keys. Whatever you do, you should do it the way you want it and not follow some "keybinding guide":

Edited by Neglience

Of the number keys, I only use 1-3 and 5. I completely rebind the keys.

For better reach for my fingers, I change the movement keys to E (forward), S (strafe left), and F (strafe right) and I use the mouse to turn. D I bind to whatever AOE ability that keeps enemies away from me. I have two side buttons on my mouse and those I bind to attacks I use a lot.

The most important thing is that you bind the keys in a way that works for you. I too try to keep the same kind of abilities on the same keys no matter what class I play. As that simplifies things.

I use the standard movement keys (W forward, S back) and rebind the turn keys into strafe keys (A strafe left, D strafe right).

For my powers I set quickbar 2 up with Q, E, R, T, F, G, V, B, ` each with a power. Further, I always set my interrupt as "F", a channeled AOE (like Death from Above) as "T", a defensive power as "B", and so on. Makes it easier when I switch to a character that I have not played as much. (I have 18 characters now, can be hard to keep up, and very difficult if all of them had different set ups).

And, finally, like an above poster, I use a Razer Naga mouse with 12 thumb buttons. My mouse is where I hit keys 4-9, using the keyboard itself to hit keys 1-3.

If anyone is interested in my full set up just ask, I find it very useful and now that I am used to it, it is very easy to use.

I don't know how you guys keep all those skills straight with keybinds. I guess I should try it one day! For now, and for years, I've been a clicker.

Good luck op with your new approach.

You learn as you level and get more abilities. A little here and a little there. Not all of them at the same time. And keeping similar abilities on the same keys over several characters, so you don't have to relearn where they are. As well as having some sort of pattern or method of ordering them so that the pattern helps you figure it out.

Or that's what helps me at least.

You hold down the right mouse button as you move about, then you have to map the closest keys to your movement keys for your instant abilities, the abilities that you don't use often you map to keys that are harder to reach, or shift+key combinations. Use your interface editor to set up your action bars so that important abilities that require cooldowns can be seen easily, this also goes for abilites that triggers automatically. You don't need a back-button, this can be used for any quick ability instead.

The rest is just practice.

Now you are a pro player:cool:

Edited by BlueMarmalade

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.