The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Underwear/Trunks Items

Because you have to pay to run around in colored undies rather then dingy tighty greyies. :D

Any other "underwear" in game comes in sets, you have to get the other usually 4-5 pieces of the set to unlock those underwear you want all your female comps and G.I.R.L. characters to prance around in :p

Those are one and done, its a convenience fee.

Maybe even a pixel ogle tax ;)

Sex sells, Bioware knows this and capitalizes on it, just like i did making millions off selling the underwear from all the sets for 500k each just so guys could have their G.I.R.L. toons and female companions run around looking like they just escaped working in red light district for the hutts :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Somehow Xiam assumes underwar will only be used to sell some booty, and female booty at that.

Also, there is no other dyable female underwear top than this. All the ones that come with sets, have random sleeves or bottom hangy parts attached to the chestpiece. I doubt anyone sleeping in their underwear put on any sort of random strapleeves before bed, unless they were indeed looking to so something else than just sleep.

I enjoy the colorable "undies" because they look more like sports wear for women after some dyework. Excuse me if I dont share your fetish with grandmapanties and was looking at them from more practical standpoint. I'm not a fan of those random straps in every other ralexed vest piece.

Somehow Xiam assumes underwar will only be used to sell some booty, and female booty at that.

Uncertain what its like on your server, but on jung ma there is a disturbing amount of "female" characters and their female companions running around in the relaxed unform tube top, dancer panties and assorted thigh high boots.

Theres even a creepy ill assume dERPy "Clan <redacted but starts with a D>" fleet that from the looks of it has that getup as their guild uniform :confused:

So maybe 1% of you arent wanting them to "ogle" pixelated parts, but you cant say all those Red Light District rejects arent dressing that way for self titilation :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Uncertain what its like on your server...

So you assume everyone wants to skimpy up because some people like to skimpy up. riiight. Generalizing much. Also this is relevant to gear being silly expensive how? You get extrovert underboob gear (also skimpy) from rep vendor for less certs than the basic undies. Makes very little sense.

I just thought The Formal Militant Jacket looked good as a skirt option, and the trunks wouldn't clip as much as the others or have the bands around the legs. :p

Though I did see someone dye them blue and use them as shorts, which I thought was a good thought on their part.

For 3 Certificate's each, why aren't these unlocked in the collection?

I think the reason they don't have an unlock is pretty obvious, because they don't exist in packs.

Anything on those vendors that are unique, don't have any unlock feature.

I think the reason they don't have an unlock is pretty obvious, because they don't exist in packs.

Anything on those vendors that are unique, don't have any unlock feature.

Which leaves us wonder why they are so expensive in the first place.

Stylish Defender Goggles are also unique and not obtainable from pack, and they cost NO certificates whatsoever, only reputation and credits.

Volatile Shock Trooper set is unique and not obtainable from pack, and they cost NO certificates whatsoever, only reputation and credits.

Corellian Councillor set is unique and not obtainable from pack, and they cost NO certificates whatsoever, only reputation and credits.

Hazardous Physician set is unique and not obtainable from pack, and they cost NO certificates whatsoever, only reputation and credits.

Same goes with many more sets, theres actually a lot of unique items for no other than credit and rep cost.

All companion customs purchasable from cartel rep vendors are unique and not obtainable from pack, and they cost NO certificates whatsoever, only reputation and credits.

These gray trunks are pretty much the only unique armor set not obtainable from pack on a rep vendor that does cost certificates, and even more certificates than half of the mounts on said vendors. BW logic?

Edited by Kiesu

There are a lot of great cartel rep. items I'd love to see have a collections unlock. I'd actually buy them then. :rolleyes: As is, I don't bother since I pick my outfits while in my stronghold. If I don't have it in collections or can't buy it cheap off the GTN, I won't hunt it down. I would, however, pay for the convenience of having an unlock.

Uncertain what its like on your server, but on jung ma there is a disturbing amount of "female" characters and their female companions running around in the relaxed unform tube top, dancer panties and assorted thigh high boots.

Theres even a creepy ill assume dERPy "Clan <redacted but starts with a D>" fleet that from the looks of it has that getup as their guild uniform :confused:

So maybe 1% of you arent wanting them to "ogle" pixelated parts, but you cant say all those Red Light District rejects arent dressing that way for self titilation :p

When you say "female" character, does that mean they're RPing not quite females? o.O You used quotes, so I'm curious there. Is Jung Ma a lot like many other MMOs?

No i mean a guy controlling a female character. (Lurking in guild voice programs in several games i overheard many reasons as to why, ranging from pathetic [dressed skanky to whackoff to/scam other lonely guys out of money and items] to downright disturbing, the ones who do it to "be in total control of a woman")

Then why the quotes?

I would like to see these items made 'unlockable' because as it is right now, it's just too expensive. I had suggested a while back, that they actually lower the price from 3 certs, rep and money to say 1 cert, rep and money...that in my thinking would have been okay, but certainly if they could make them unlockable, that would be ideal. :)

I would like to see these items made 'unlockable' because as it is right now, it's just too expensive. I had suggested a while back, that they actually lower the price from 3 certs, rep and money to say 1 cert, rep and money...that in my thinking would have been okay, but certainly if they could make them unlockable, that would be ideal. :)

If they are too expensive, don't buy them. The fact that people want them to be unlockable is strong evidence of the popularity and thus the reason they are so expensive. In any event. for the shorts, you can get Darth Andeddu's (or whatever) set and unlock that. Pair with covert top and you have sports bra and booty shorts.

If they are too expensive, don't buy them. The fact that people want them to be unlockable is strong evidence of the popularity and thus the reason they are so expensive. In any event. for the shorts, you can get Darth Andeddu's (or whatever) set and unlock that. Pair with covert top and you have sports bra and booty shorts.

Covert top is not dyable.

I used them as readable airquotes :p

Guys running around as skankily dressed "Female" characters

Lesson time:

Air quotes: A gesture with raised pairs of fingers, when making a statement, to simulate quotation marks. It indicates that what is being said is ironic or otherwise not to be taken verbatim.

So by quoting "female" characters, you're basically suggesting that the character is not really female.

Edited by Kiesu

So by quoting "female" characters, you're basically suggesting that the character is not really female.

^This. Use air quotes right :p The character is always female, unless it's some RP/head canon that they aren't female. When some guy plays Metroid or Tombraider, do Samus and Lara stop being female? :p

The shorts look to stop clipping that some of the other options don't. Just don't think it's worth 3 certs if they're not unlockable.

Clipping may not always ruin an outfit, but it can. I'd love to use Ambitious Warrior with Revan's Robes, but gah, the flaps clip with all robes :(

I don't see them as underwear. I bought two and dyed them. I use them as shorts. The current price is fine with me. Now for better explanation. The reason they aren't in collection is to encourage people to buy packs to acquire certificates to buy items only available on the bazaar vendors, including the female underwear or trunks. If BW included the trunks in collection, then people would only buy one set and unlock. Thus, dissuading people from further buying packs. The reason I mention is probably the only logical answer why BW has not included unique items on the bazaar vendors into the collection system. Besides, the high certificate cost will keep them rare at least for a little while.

I don't see them as underwear. I bought two and dyed them. I use them as shorts. The current price is fine with me. Now for better explanation. The reason they aren't in collection is to encourage people to buy packs to acquire certificates to buy items only available on the bazaar vendors, including the female underwear or trunks. If BW included the trunks in collection, then people would only buy one set and unlock. Thus, dissuading people from further buying packs. The reason I mention is probably the only logical answer why BW has not included unique items on the bazaar vendors into the collection system. Besides, the high certificate cost will keep them rare at least for a little while.

If they were 1 a pop, I'd be okay with it. They're 3 a pop though. :/