Patch 1.4, the darkest day in Assassin's History

Arokan

Hey fellows!

I am a player of the first hour. I played the beta back then and SW:TOR became my favourite game as I discovered Huttball. I've never been a PVP player before, though swtor made me one and gave the tank a nice role in PVP which none game by that time would've ever done.

And yet, I feel like Bioware acted like god: Give the people a wonderful thing, and then ruin it by patching it down!

So by patch 1.4 (http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.4.0/terror-beyond)

Besides a lot of my pvp mates quit the game because of the new resolve system, causing people now being able to fire their stuns brainlessly not timed and the resolve bar won't fill up anymore (not much at all at least) and the bar not instantly decreasing when filled so that there's a lot more time unstunned,

the assassin suffered badly from this patch in two major skills:

Electrocute: Skill has been reduced to a range of 10m (30 before)

Overload: New animation and not a 360° effect anymore.

Every class in swtor has a main range but always some skills for the other one (range/melee combat).

And I am asking why the hell they took this formidable skill from us and circumcised it...

Usable abilities in an enhanced distance are completely normal and important!

It gave us the possibility to do at least something(!) from remote.

Now all their's left is this lightning and a little bit of damage won't most likely make any difference...

I want my spell back, but how do you guys see this thing?

Also the current animation of overload is disgraceful and I just don't see why no 360° anymore?

Assassin is a melee class in the first place and all AoEs we have (except skilled) are from the point of our character concentrically. This skill is noting but an AoE and should be treated like any other AoE in this game.

I am really excited about reading your opinions on that, because I really often feel like this game was more fun back then and would be today if they just hadn't patched it to the ground.

Sincere Regards,

Arokan

Edited by Arokan

Compared to all the horrible changes they made to this class in 3.0, that change was almost nothing.

The move from 360 to cone was most likely a sorc change than a assassin change. They never bothered to make a special change to assassin because it is honestly not a big deal. Just mouse turn and KB.

As for the resolve change, I don't like it, but it is honestly necessary. When playing with pugs who are not in voice chat with you there are many occasions where multiple people stun a person at once. This is not bad play, it is just a consequence of not being able to read the mind of a teammate. Pugs should not be penalized for not having voicechat. Yes there are times when stuns are used in a stupid way, and people follow up a stun with another just 2 seconds later, but resolve is added in those occasions and they are few and non-consequential.

Usable abilities in an enhanced distance are completely normal and important!

It gave us the possibility to do at least something(!) from remote.

Now all their's left is this lightning and a little bit of damage won't most likely make any difference...

I want my spell back, but how do you guys see this thing?

Arokan

Now we have 30m Low Slash and...and...that's all.

• 1 month later...

Game Changer, absolutely. We endured and have since survived but man did that update change the feel of the class for me. It was only shortly after I was getting the hang of Will-Tanks and falling absolutely in love with Sin/Shadows too :(