The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Simplified rotation of Pryotech/Plasmatech v3.3.1

Introduction:

Hello everyone! This is my first time to write a guide. (Sorry for my English I am not a native speaker)

After reading the Pryotech/Plasmatech guide on dulfy and having numerous practice, I find the rotation suggested by the guide is too hard to follow in the actual combat of both PVE & PVP (esp. pvp where you have to pay so much attention to your opponents and surroundings). As a result, occasionally the dots went off without noticing and the subsequent remedy rotation messed up the energy management.

With the new rotation, you don't have to pay attention to the small debuff icon on the enemy bar. Instead, the cool down text of Immolate/Fire Pulse will tell you exactly when the IM/IR will end (1.5s after IML/FP off cd) so you will always have the dot up if you use Immolate/Fire Pulse on CD. In addition, there is no setup required so it can be applied in PVP. All of this come from two fixed blocks of rotation.

=========================================================================================

Owing to the cool down of several abilities are 15s, the core rotation block are:

Block 1: IML/FP => IM/IR => FB/IP => FT/PC => RS/HiB

Block 2:IML/FP => IM/IR => FF/ShS => FT/PC => RS/HiB

this block can be quite bursty if you crit them all with 6set bonus and explosive fuel / battle focus

P.S.

IML/FP = Immolate / Fire Pulse

IM/IR = Incendiary Missile / Incendiary Round

FT/PC = Flame Thrower / Pulse Cannon

RS/HiB = Rail Shot / High Impact Bolt

SCH/PT = Scorch / Plasmatize

FB/IP = Flame Burst / Ion Pulse

FF/ShS = Flaming Fist / Shockstirke

Rps/Hs = Rapid Shot / Hammer Shot

The whole rotation is:

Opener:

SCH/PT => FB/IP => FF/ShS => <Block 1>

Rotation

FF/ShS => Filler x 3 => <Block 2> =>

[ Filler => SCH/PT => Filler x 1 => FF/ShS ] => <Block 1> => Repeat

In order to maximize the dps potential of this rotation, FF/ShS should be used on the 1st of the first row filler section and 4th in the second row filler secion. This way the average cooldown of FF/ShS is 10 second.

Filler choice Priority :

1. FB/IP with proc

2. Rps/Hs (energy >13)

3. FB/IP (energy <13)

a

For people who are visually inclined here is the rotation with icons:

Pryotech http://i.imgur.com/nwJq0Im.png

Plasmatech http://i.imgur.com/UlTHq1j.png

This is how I organized my action bars:

http://i.imgur.com/K7redDh.jpg

So for every cycle I just press (1/2/3/R)=>(4,5,1/2/3,6,7) over and over, that allow me to concentrate more to the environment/bosses/enemy players:)

Note:

1. Make sure you have 20 heat / 20 energy before jumping into the fixed block!

2. 2x Rps/Hs at the 3rd and 4th filler can vent you 15 heat over 3 second

3. Battle Focus/Explosive fuel should be used right before the FT/IC

4. Shoulder Canon should be used inside the Battle Focus/Explosive fuel window.

Edited by BigGunTinyPistoL

Much appreciation. Leveled a BH to 60 and was wondering when I would get around to figuring out a rotation as I picked pyrotech. What do you use for filler?

Normally for the first row of rotation, you should be using 2 Rps/Hs and 1 FB/IP if you are not energy-starved, if so then 3 Rps/Hs.

For the second row of rotation, you should be using FB/IP at the 1st filler because it is free and deal decent damage,

and Rps/Hs at the 2nd filler postion because you will build up a lot of heat from the upcoming Block1.

Anyway it is really up to you if you are about to burn the target then you can use FB/IP in every filler then vent the heat to continue the rotation.

Edited by BigGunTinyPistoL