Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Worthless Currencies

Myriandore

I know, I know...

Operations need serious urgent work. Besides the topic I'm raising has most likely already been discussed many times over - but knowing BW / EA legendary despondency about basic serious stuff, I felt I had to add to the number of those concerned.

How ridiculous we end up with currencies there is virtually no use for. They could

- be token converted at a ludicrous rate

- buy decorations

- buy CC (at an even more ludicrous rate)

- buy selected CC items (character cosmetic changes, utilities, etc)

- name it...

Voila point made - again !

~Myri

I know, I know...

Operations need serious urgent work. Besides the topic I'm raising has most likely already been discussed many times over - but knowing BW / EA legendary despondency about basic serious stuff, I felt I had to add to the number of those concerned.

How ridiculous we end up with currencies there is virtually no use for. They could

- be token converted at a ludicrous rate

- buy decorations

- buy CC (at an even more ludicrous rate)

- buy selected CC items (character cosmetic changes, utilities, etc)

- name it...

Voila point made - again !

~Myri

Ya I don't know what you're talking about so I don't think you made your point at all. What currencies do you think are worthless?

Also, since when do people think Bioware has 'a state of low spirits caused by loss of hope or courage' about 'basic serious stuff' ?!?

He's making the obvious point that using basic, elite and even ultimate comms for gear to sell to a vendor for tiny amounts of credits is a ridiculous use of such currency. Instead he'd like to use it to buy cosmetic items in some way. Seeing as how I've seen this discussed several times this week on the board, it's becoming a popular suggestion.

He's making the obvious point that using basic, elite and even ultimate comms for gear to sell to a vendor for tiny amounts of credits is a ridiculous use of such currency. Instead he'd like to use it to buy cosmetic items in some way. Seeing as how I've seen this discussed several times this week on the board, it's becoming a popular suggestion.

Popular =/= feasible.

Popular =/= feasible.

All of his suggestions are perfectly feasible. They already had a convert ship requisition to fleet requisition for CCs in Galactic Starfighter, basic, elite and other comms are used to buy items from vendors, you could include the item types he suggested. Totally feasible, so not sure if that is what you really meant to say.

A while back I suggested a similar thing regarding the extra reputation tokens (once you are capped on rep, they are worth precious few credits).

• 1 month later...

A ? FEw Issues.. Too many Currency's ...

We were pleased when the Planet COMMS changed to Basic as this allowed one to gear up as they chose by storing up .

Slotting for You or all your Comps.. Was an issue if the Comp gear is not requiring our hard earned currencies then fine.

We were surprised at Level 55 when we found no Basic Com Vendor for after 55 gear.

We only saw "Special Currency" not a level 60 for elite that served our PVE needs.

I see now why so many groups are rushcentric and not friendly "PUGS" you have created a Grind disorder by only giving a person tokens gear options.

The Planet or Fleet Space Battles Recognition Recreates a issue of Too many Gears Tailored to a system flawed in the manner it separates into a sub game set pools of people that aren't there to proctor new members in Flashpoints for Social Points. to buy wait whats this another tier of cosmetic gear currency..

This beats having some Merchant tell you you Republic credits are no good here. A universal credit Banking exchange market System for currency exchange on a Station Venezia and Piazza San Marco is long over due here. We could merc for then and invade Milano Station for Banking Exchange secrets?

Hello we wish to exchange this wheel borrow droid full of old regime currency for fresh bread?

What you say we need to go to X planet and work as a waitress in a skimpy outfit for a Hutt.. You Devaronian you!

Edited by SenshiBat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.