Basic comms,gear,weapons

brother-bear

G-day world

I'm a casual non raiding player

been away for awhile and just came back

so i just finished SOR and my shadow ended up with just over 900 basic comms, so i went to the fleet and bought a full set of 186 basic gear, then i went to do Ziost and got orange gear higher rated than the purples i just bought lol

so the question is

is it worth buying the basic gear or just deck out in ziost gear ?

what to spend basic comms on if not buying gear ?

and for a casual non raiding player where are the best main hand weapons now ?

cheers

G-day world

I'm a casual non raiding player

been away for awhile and just came back

so i just finished SOR and my shadow ended up with just over 900 basic comms, so i went to the fleet and bought a full set of 186 basic gear, then i went to do Ziost and got orange gear higher rated than the purples i just bought lol

so the question is

is it worth buying the basic gear or just deck out in ziost gear ?

what to spend basic comms on if not buying gear ?

and for a casual non raiding player where are the best main hand weapons now ?

cheers

Ziost gear is more than ok for anything shy of HM 60 Ops. So, no point anymore buying 186 save for the looks. :)

If you don't raid, you likely have the best weapons you can have already. Through questing only, the best Mainhand you can get your hands on is 178 rating. Offhand is 190 from Ziost.

Crafting is another matter. I think the higher craftable Hilts and Barrels are 192 rating, but those come from Ops only... And you can get 186 rating by Reverse Engineering the Green 168s you can get off the Artifice/Armstech trainers to Purple.

As for what to spend Basic Comms into, well... Whatever suits you? I'm keeping them for when the Expansion comes out, myself, unless I'm on a levelling alt or I'm looking for a Set I like from the Vendors... :D

The basic comm gear is better itemized than the 190 stuff from Ziost. You're better off with the epic 186 gear.

Illo dicto, even the comm gear is terribly itemized compared to gear from FP's/ops. So you can imagine how terrible the Ziost gear is.

Not sure I agree with this. the Enhancements are actually better in the 190 gear then the High Endurance ones from 186 Comm gear.

The basic comm gear is better itemized than the 190 stuff from Ziost. You're better off with the epic 186 gear.

Illo dicto, even the comm gear is terribly itemized compared to gear from FP's/ops. So you can imagine how terrible the Ziost gear is.

This is patently false.

With Ziost gear, it's possible to farm multiple pieces to min-max the enhancements.

With comm gear, it is literally impossible to get the low endurance, high-output mods OR enhancements necessary for min-max. Literally everything (for DPS and healing) is stacked with endurance, not sure about tanking.