Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The ability to see mission locations on taxi map

Faithlezor

As the title suggestions, it would be a nice convenience to have to know where to taxi next for you mission at the taxi robot. Where as the alternative is to continuously toggle your map @ the taxi station. Just a little thing that could go a long way :D

As the title suggestions, it would be a nice convenience to have to know where to taxi next for you mission at the taxi robot. Where as the alternative is to continuously toggle your map @ the taxi station. Just a little thing that could go a long way :D

if you have the quest being tracked the taxi point will automatically turn green for the destination closest to your quest when at an actual taxi point. Pretty sure that's what you are asking for and is already in game.

I've also noticed that this works most of the time, and also gives a false location sometimes too or none at all. Maybe just a little fine tuning would work. Also adding the mission target marker to the quick travel screen would be a major help too.

No, you're right. It can be a bit buggy sometimes. It's usually fine but sometimes it gets confused or the calculated "closest stop to your destination" actually seems farther away from it than another stop does. (Taris.)

We could also get onto a tangent about the pathfinding when it's deciding which map transition you need to go through to head towards a mission and how that's been known to try to lead players through enemy bases. (Tatooine for certain Republic companion missions, and also Hoth and Belsavis for both factions in certain situations.) You would think that it would exclude those and lead you through non-hostile locations instead.

I'd also point out that Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant (at least, maybe somewhere else that I'm forgetting) have sometimes been a bit of a nuisance to check where your mission is leading you because you can't see mission icons on the full map on those planets. You just have to go to the taxi and follow whichever stop is highlighted.

There can also be issues getting missions in the northern half of Belsavis so show correctly on the map when you're not in those areas.

Also, since highlighting taxi stops is already a thing, I read your suggestion as being to place the actual mission indicators on the taxi map the same as they appear on the regular map (doors to go through, areas to search in, specific locations where targets are located). That way instead of checking the regular map to make your own judgement for "closest stop" before clicking on the taxi droid, you just click the droid and see that info as you're selecting a destination.

edit: Yes, this suggestion could apply for the quick travel selection as well.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

No, you're right. It can be a bit buggy sometimes. It's usually fine but sometimes it gets confused or the calculated "closest stop to your destination" actually seems farther away from it than another stop does. (Taris.)

We could also get onto a tangent about the pathfinding when it's deciding which map transition you need to go through to head towards a mission and how that's been known to try to lead players through enemy bases. (Tatooine for certain Republic companion missions, and also Hoth and Belsavis for both factions in certain situations.) You would think that it would exclude those and lead you through non-hostile locations instead.

I'd also point out that Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant (at least, maybe somewhere else that I'm forgetting) have sometimes been a bit of a nuisance to check where your mission is leading you because you can't see mission icons on the full map on those planets. You just have to go to the taxi and follow whichever stop is highlighted.

There can also be issues getting missions in the northern half of Belsavis so show correctly on the map when you're not in those areas.

Also, since highlighting taxi stops is already a thing, I read your suggestion as being to place the actual mission indicators on the taxi map the same as they appear on the regular map (doors to go through, areas to search in, specific locations where targets are located). That way instead of checking the regular map to make your own judgement for "closest stop" before clicking on the taxi droid, you just click the droid and see that info as you're selecting a destination.

edit: Yes, this suggestion could apply for the quick travel selection as well.

Nicely suggested :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.