Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

GTN Listing max days - 30 days / or more

Theeko

So it cannot be used for "long term" storage.

This is not really accurate as someone could post a bunch of items and when they fall off, merely not claim them from the GTN mail which returns the deposit and item. That email will sit for 30 days before deleting.

Edited by Zharik

This is not really accurate as someone could post a bunch of items and when they fall off, merely not claim them from the GTN mail which returns the deposit and item. That email will sit for 30 days before deleting.

Which is what they do now. But at the moment they only get 32 days storage for an item. Now they'd get 60 and it would clutter up the GTN with more useless listings. People put them up for 2 days, let it fall off, does not clog up the GTN. If they have to leave it for 30 days before...

We've seen a lot of problems already out of the mail and GTN system, some of which is probably due to people abusing the system as is. Until these problems are sorted, I really would not feel comfortable with them tinkering with it even more.

5-7 days would be good. 30 daya just opens the door to people using it as a "list items i dont have room for for 999999999999cr storage" fiasco.

There is an easy fix for the stupid prices listing too. Make the credit deposit relative to the price that the poster lists it at (heck 1% would work), not the arbitrary value assigned.

Also I think 30 days is *way* too long. A week is the longest I would like to see and I think pretty fair to casual players, though any number up to 7 is ok with me (5 is probably what I would consider ideal).

An option to list items for 7 days would be perfect. If changes were being made to the GTN I'd also love to see sales history for an item to help normalize selling prices so neither side gets a raw deal.

This is probably a better idea, 7 days is more than enough time to list an item

oh god, 30 days would clutter up the GTN so badly.

People would just put items at high prices up there for 30 days and hope that others will follow that high price and it would lead to a super inflation on some items.

Now you have the "luck" that items are off after 2 days and when people need to repost those items it creates a sort of price reset.

I have seen this a lot on decoration items, one of my little hobbies is to buy and resell decorations for small profits

If people could post things for 30 days or even 15 days, the GTN would be filled even more with things that just don't sell....

Some crafting items, like Hemostatic Gel (level 11 blue medical supply) sells for 16k for a stack of 99 at an NPC.

You can find 10 pages on the gtn of stacks of 99 for less then 20k because people would rather put it on the GTN and repost it every 2 days to make 2k more then sell it to a vendor and cash in on 16k.

Imagen if people would only have to repost every 2 weeks?

That's probably why its limited to 2 days as is. Good event an overload of items on the GTN. That's why I see that they require you to filter a lot in some categories before you can do a general search. If it was at 30 days and with the way some people farm, the number of pages would be staggering.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.