The Sentinel Pvp spec

GoldenJediKing

Is combat the best spec for ranked and unranked pvp or is concentration and watchman on par with it?

Watchman is just not good enough with 3 dots and nonexisting self-heals. Personally I switched to Carnage(=Combat), cause Ataru is my favourite form anyway, just loved Watchman gameplay before; but basically Concentration is the most popular spec for ranked and unranked, for 1 obvious reason: 6s CC immunity every 30s after dealing dmg with Force Exhaustion. Also Concentration has great burst (Force Exhaustion>Master Strike>Concentrated Slice hits insanely hard, since the last ticks of the first 2 and the third ability hit at almost the same time, halving the target's hp at least). You should note that it has slightly weaker defensives and AoE dmg compared to the other 2 If you never played sentinel, or you only played PvE and start PvP now, I suggest picking Concentration.

• 3 weeks later...
Watchman is just not good enough with 3 dots and nonexisting self-heals. Personally I switched to Carnage(=Combat), cause Ataru is my favourite form anyway, just loved Watchman gameplay before; but basically Concentration is the most popular spec for ranked and unranked, for 1 obvious reason: 6s CC immunity every 30s after dealing dmg with Force Exhaustion. Also Concentration has great burst (Force Exhaustion>Master Strike>Concentrated Slice hits insanely hard, since the last ticks of the first 2 and the third ability hit at almost the same time, halving the target's hp at least). You should note that it has slightly weaker defensives and AoE dmg compared to the other 2 If you never played sentinel, or you only played PvE and start PvP now, I suggest picking Concentration.

weaker defenses? slice gives 10% defense AND force/tech resistance for 6 secs, 9 secs cooldown. plus 3% DR shi-cho form. defensive screen from combat gives none of that.

weaker defenses? slice gives 10% defense AND force/tech resistance for 6 secs, 9 secs cooldown. plus 3% DR shi-cho form. defensive screen from combat gives none of that.

Um, Combat gets CONSTANT 6% defense and dmg reduction (since we will always have ataru strikes), while Concentration sometimes gets 10% defense and constant 3% reduction. Idk where did you get the yellow dmg resistance, but I think you misread something, Concentration gets CC immunity after Force Exhaustion, but never gets a single second of yellow immunity. That belongs to shadows and Resilience. Combat has higher constant defense and dmg reduction bonus than Concentration.

66% uptime of yellow immunity wouldnt OP, no... :rak_04:

Edited by jauvtus