Puzzled by IA Start of Chapter 2

Bobbyrab

Spoilers for IA Story:

So you meet Kothe and his team, intending to go undercover with them. However, Kothe does some voice command thingy and now I'm kind of like under his control. So, let me get this straight: Watcher 2 thinks I'm now undercover, but I can't tell her anything because Kothe has me in mind control. I can more or less do whatever, but as long as Kothe approves of it...more or less?

I also noted that in the first conversation with Watcher 2 post-meeting with Kothe, I selected 'he's brainwashing me' yet I said in reality, 'everything's fine.' Was that purposeful?

Spoilers for IA story ahoy!!!!

Basically the Empire/Sith encoded you with the brainwashing and the code. An informant tells the Republic people about this and the code word, and they use it on you. Because you're brain washed, you can sit there and want to tell everyone you're being controlled, but because you're being controlled your 'they're brainwashing me!' comes out as 'everything's fine.' It's because you are in fact, NOT in control of yourself. Later you'll learn more about this crap and such.

If you read the spoiler and got spoiled, you're own fault. I warned you. Ahoooga, ahooga.