Reverse Engineering Bug

-Kitara-

Could we please get this long standing bug squashed:

There are many items in the game - armorings, mods, relics, etc. - that still state that you have a chance to learn a schematic from them, yet when you RE them you get the error message that no reverse engineering info exists for that item. In addition to that annoying factor, you don't get ANY crafting materials back.

For example: this evening I tried to RE an Advanced Skill Armoring 34, which stated on its tooltip when I hovered over it with my Reverse Engineering pointer that I have "Chance to Research Schematic: 20%". So I reverse engineered it and promptly received the red error text "No reverse engineering information for item 'Advanced Skill Armoring 34'", and of course received no crafting mats either. Even random green loot drops that say "No Research Available" will give me at least ONE PIECE of crafting material back when I RE it.

Could we please get this bug squashed and:

1. Change the tooltip on the items to say "No Research Available" when you've updated the game to remove our ability to learn a schematic from REing those items (which seems to be the lone cause of this bug)
  2. Have the items give us crafting mats (like all other reverse engineering does) when we RE the item regardless of the chance to research a schematic or not.

As a lifelong MMO crafter who's obsessed with learning every schematic just to know it for "just in case!", you have no idea how this little bug drives me absolutely infuriatingly bonkers :d_evil:

Never saw this during Makeb. I now see it consistently on items dropped on Ziost / Yavin 4 / (that other planet). Doesn't happen on crafted items, only dropped. And although I don't expect an RE reward from a dropped item, I do expected a return of crafted materials.