Ranked pvp gear exploit

Icykill_

Apparently people are using a loop hole or an exploit to give them an advantage over other players...

They are switching out the main hand hilt/barrel with a 204 pve one and then using really old pvp mods and enhancements which are no longer available to give them better damage/main stat out put... They lose a small amount of expertise, but gain an advantage over other players in much higher main stat output... There are threads now saying this is the BiS build for ranked... This is obviously not what the Devs intended, so I assume it falls under an exploit...

Easy fix, don't allow people to change gear while in a ranked match after it pops... Currently you can't queue with less than 2018 expertise... But there is nothing stopping you from changing once you are in the match... Apparently you can also queue and play with less than 2018 in team ranked... This loop hole needs to be closed too

Edited by Icykill_

Apparently people are using a loop hole or an exploit to give them an advantage over other players...

They are switching out the main hand hilt/barrel with a 204 pve one and then using really old pvp mods and enhancements which are no longer available to give them better damage/main stat out put... They lose a small amount of expertise, but gain an advantage over other players in much higher main stat output... There are threads now saying this is the BiS build for ranked... This is obviously not what the Devs intended, so I assume it falls under an exploit...

Easy fix, don't allow people to change gear while in a ranked match after it pops... Currently you can't queue with less than 2018 expertise... But there is nothing stopping you from changing once you are in the match... Apparently you can also queue and play with less than 2018 in team ranked... This loop hole needs to be closed too

The switching out of gear after ranked queuing was a fear and concern that was expressed early on by members in the PvP community, when the recent changes were announced. And, it seems that the exploit is still possible and was ignored. Hopefully, there are consequences for those who have done this.

The switching out of gear after ranked queuing was a fear and concern that was expressed early on by members in the PvP community, when the recent changes were announced. And, it seems that the exploit is still possible and was ignored. Hopefully, there are consequences for those who have done this.

Actually, switching out gear once you are in the arena has been encouraged by the devs. There was a yellow post regarding the Scoundrel setbonus where someone wanted to use an old setbonus for better performance even though it gave less expertise, and the response was: Yes, you are allowed to use different gear in the arena; you only have to have full expertise for queueing up. I believe the 3.3 PTS forums got wiped so you cannot find that post anymore though.

When it comes to a PvE modification being better than PvP gear though, I agree that it should be fixed but I don't think this can be called an exploit. In any case, I don't expect a fix before 4.0 and by that time we'll have a new tier of gear anyway.

Edited by Jerba