12x story xp boost

ronharshadow

The 12x story xp boost is amazing! and I really feel sad and rushed to know that soon we will no longer have it and I think SWTOR should keep it for longer for subscribers only, this can help the developers financially and will be able to get more 60's. 50's. 55's and so on. In short I think SWTOR should keep the 12x story xp boost for a longer time and if people don't like it then they can just go to that vendor next to the "reset discipline tree" vendor and can disable it.

I do kind of agree with you, I mean I'm new to this I mean I played it a few years back but nothing major, and now that I've come into this proper I want to enjoy myself, but I always feel like I'm rushing to get through it all before the XP boost is finished.

While its true they are not keeping the 12x xp story boost on, they are reworking the levelling 1-50 experience and while like everything else about the new expansion its not really been talked about it does appear as if they are streamlining the levelling experience and making it so it takes less time to get to 50 than pre 12x xp.

The 12xp is lovely for those that have done the story a couple of times, but really, for new players it's such a waste. There's so much content in this game, it's a shame to skip all the planetary quests and heroics. Sometimes I kinda wish I was new to the game, just to do all the planetary content again ^^, And it's always nice to kill Thana, or 'hit' Darth Lachris. Now, lots of people might not even know who they are. Edited by NovusRex

To be honest with you I am kinda so-so about having 12xp gain. On one hand it is great as now you can safely decline a quest without knowing you will have a harder time on the next quest (usually ofcourse). But on the other hand now it is almost pointless to do other quests apart from your class one.

...and it is a horrible time (Imo) to be new player: when I shout for HC it almost always leads to reply from someone 8-10 levels above that of the quest....I don't know if it is possible to complete these as they were meant to be completed anymore:)

....thanks god that there is an item to remove the abomination:))

Edited by Saelinne

The 12xp is lovely for those that have done the story a couple of times, but really, for new players it's such a waste. There's so much content in this game, it's a shame to skip all the planetary quests and heroics. Sometimes I kinda wish I was new to the game, just to do all the planetary content again ^^, And it's always nice to kill Thana, or 'hit' Darth Lachris. Now, lots of people might not even know who they are.

This has not been my experience. I'm taking advantage of the 12xXP story boost to play a few of the classes I've not tried before, mainly because I dreaded the normal leveling slog. While I am still playing all of the side quests especially for the gear (which I still need to get, because the commendation bonuses don't go anywhere near as far as I need), the 12xXP boost means I get to play a few levels above the mobs, which makes it all feel more like playing ME3 on story mode. Which is what I want. If 12xXP boost as currently implemented truly ends when the new expansion goes live, that will be the final end of my TOR experience. (I realize the 12xXP boost will not be part of the new content.)