The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Galactic Empire vs the Yuuzhan Vong

Panzers

Ok so it's already established that the Emperor knew that the Vong were coming to invade the galaxy and thus the theory that he was building the Death Stars and all the other super weapons and maintaining/expanding the Imperial Fleet Post Clone wars to prepare for the invasion.

So with this in mind if the Galactic Empire didn't lose to the Rebels and the Emperor was still supreme etc...would they stand a chance against the Yuuzhan Vong? Would they completely crush them, or fall?

Ok so it's already established that the Emperor knew that the Vong were coming to invade the galaxy and thus the theory that he was building the Death Stars and all the other super weapons and maintaining/expanding the Imperial Fleet Post Clone wars to prepare for the invasion.

So with this in mind if the Galactic Empire didn't lose to the Rebels and the Emperor was still supreme etc...would they stand a chance against the Yuuzhan Vong? Would they completely crush them, or fall?

Honestly if the Empire had not fallen apart and didnt have a rebellion to deal with. They would have been ready for, and DECIMATED the Vong....

Can't remember which book it is, but I do believe near the end of the war when this exact question comes up, the Warmaster says something along the line of, "The GE would of roflstomped us".

Now, if only I could locate said quote...

Can't remember which book it is, but I do believe near the end of the war when this exact question comes up, the Warmaster says something along the line of, "The GE would of roflstomped us".

Now, if only I could locate said quote...

I know the quote you're referring to, but I don't know if it was a Vong who said it.

Han Solo may be a pretty biased source, but I think he was right on the money when he discussed that exact question with the Imperial Vana Dorja:

Dorja: "I can't help but wonder how the old Empire would have handled the crisis. I hope you will forgive my partisan attitude, but it seems to me that the Emperor would have mobilized his entire armament at the first threat, and dealt with the Yuuzhan Vong in an efficient and expeditious manner, through the use of overwhelming force. Certainly better than Borsk Fey'lya's policy—if I understood it correctly as a policy—of negotiating with the invaders at the same time as he was fighting them, sending signals of weakness to a ruthless enemy who used negotiation only as a cover for further conquests."

Solo: "What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong–killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."

It surely would have been interesting do have Vergere meet Darth Vader again.

But I highly doubt, that just two Force users (Sidious and Vader) would have been enough to fight the Vong, since the Jedi where instrumental in their defeat.

I remember that one of the Vongs explicitly states they are lucky that the Galactic Empire doesn't rule the galaxy anymore since the New Republic is easy to conquer because of its internal divisions and lack of discipline in squadrons. Edited by PavSalco