The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

KotFE+ Purchase Chars+ Class restrictions

Losan

Hi

I'm sure that someone already suggested this but in light of the new expansion...

- the Republic and the Sith brought down to their knees

- you will have the chance to build a new crew of companions

- once you started the KotFE storyline you can't go back to the old storylines..

- you can purchase lvl 60 characters through the cartel market

I think its a great opportunity to lift the faction restrictions for classes (at least for the tech classes)

Not for the levels 1-60 ,but more like this:

Buy an immersed Imperial Agent lvl 60. Hide in the Republic and live the life of a freelancer.

(Basically play the 60-65 storyline with the few smuggler options)

After such a devastating war I think its okay to presume that

- a Bounty hunter would also work for the Republic

- a Trooper deserted/ fled because he committed a crime/disobeyed an order

- an Agent goes rogue/becomes a freelancer

- a smuggler... doesn't need a reason... he's a smuggler!

I guess force sensitive classes are a lot harder to explain in the opposite faction (contrary doctrine).

The Devs also said KotFE will have one storyline & some class specific stuff.

Either you have to win back an old companion or it is a class specific quest like in SoR.

- It can't be so difficult to make a dialogue for an agent who is playing on the republic side and wants Risha to join his crew.

- and if the class specific quests in KotFE are like the ones I saw in SoR, I see no reason why an agent can't do the smuggler quest.

I think its a great way to bring more diversity to the game (animations etc) and the "Buy a lvl 60 character"-product would be much more attractive ($$$)

I would buy it! :)

Thx

Let the Outlander decide whose side he is on :D

Its really not any more of a stretch for Jedi to fall to the dark side, or visa versa. It would be nice if there was a faction change option at some point in the story even 1-50, but that would amount to huge story changes/dialogue etc, so I see why it might not happen. Would like it though.

Faction still seem to be a factor somehow and may return in some form in the future (Maybe post-KOTFE or later?).

If that's the case, it adds a lot of lines for a minor impact in the long run. (Flavour lines from the playable classes, small comments on your characters by NPCs...)

The idea is good but the investment to make good and not half-assed is probably too big.