[VIDEO] -PvP- Mercenary 60 Arsenal

fium

You have to understand that people don't post their bad games.

In the group fights which are not lots vs few he has a healer, sometimes a premade, specifically on him is the sorc healer called Nell healing and peeling for him. There are two others from the same guild also in some clips.

He uses his skills well enough but in sustained group fights you need support to stay in the fight taking damage that long.

It's not simply the damage its the defensive cooldowns running out and leaving you with nothing (for a long time). While healing up requires you to escape the fight due to the cost, time taken, weak heal value and of course the issue of spamming the same cast heal over and over.

Edited by Gyronamics

How do you get people to avoid attacking you? On my server if you are a Merc you have 1-2 Juggs or Jed on you all match, with a sniper or slinger hitting you from range as well.

As other post has said not many put up the bad games so all the videos you see on youtube etc are prob 1 in 5 games no doubt.

Anyway with regards to your questions, heres a few simple rules -

1.) Let your team into battle first so you dont get leaped/targetted first, there are better classes to do this for you so dont bother running in like a loose cannon.

2.) Use walls/upper levels to hide behind to not draw to much attention.

3.) Use your Hydraulic overrides/heals/roots when someone is on your ***.

4.) Never fight alone or guard etc, your a squishy class so stay with the team. If you end up guarding a door/node/pylon ask someone to swop

5.) Remember to use walls and heal up, alot of mercs forget to heal up during fights, its a game changer

6.) Lvl60 is painful, try to gear up asap with mk-10's and augment your gear with top end augments.

7.) You have the upperhand with snipers, get out of range/sight if you dont wish to fight them and then hit them when they forget your there. If its a 1v1 fight use walls to your advantage as most of the abilities take a while to cast, you can heal up aswell so you should win easily.

Edited by -Healius-

That UI needs some cleaning up buddy.

As far as gameplay goes, I'm thinking you need to be way farther from targets than you are. Sometimes running circles works, but straight lining it will get you more distance from melee.

Only other thing i can think of is that you may wanna stay closer to objects so you can LoS easier.

As other post has said not many put up the bad games so all the videos you see on youtube etc are prob 1 in 5 games no doubt.

Anyway with regards to your questions, heres a few simple rules -

1.) Let your team into battle first so you dont get leaped/targetted first, there are better classes to do this for you so dont bother running in like a loose cannon.

2.) Use walls/upper levels to hide behind to not draw to much attention.

3.) Use your Hydraulic overrides/heals/roots when someone is on your ***.

4.) Never fight alone or guard etc, your a squishy class so stay with the team. If you end up guarding a door/node/pylon ask someone to swop

5.) Remember to use walls and heal up, alot of mercs forget to heal up during fights, its a game changer

6.) Lvl60 is painful, try to gear up asap with mk-10's and augment your gear with top end augments.

7.) You have the upperhand with snipers, get out of range/sight if you dont wish to fight them and then hit them when they forget your there. If its a 1v1 fight use walls to your advantage as most of the abilities take a while to cast, you can heal up aswell so you should win easily.

My post was somewhat tongue and cheek. My Merc has all purple augs and full DR gear. On my server a Merc always has 1-2 stealth's on him 100% of the time until they are dead. You cannot kite what you cannot see. Once the shadows or Smugglers start the stun parade you are dead.

Edited by BarronWasteland

My post was somewhat tongue and cheek. My Merc has all purple augs and full DR gear. On my server a Merc always has 1-2 stealth's on him 100% of the time until they are dead. You cannot kite what you cannot see. Once the shadows or Smugglers start the stun parade you are dead.

True with stealthers its pretty much a loss unless your on a ledge and can use your push back/electro net. I save my net for mostly healers and stealthers so if a stealther opens up on me 1v1 they are gonna die :-). Its not just this class though as stealthers opening up on a VG/PT can also get melted, especially if they are working together.

When a Jugg/Guard pops saber reflect I always find this is the perfect time to heal up also.

• 2 weeks later...