Surge Capped. Accuracy vs Alacrity [PvP]

Darththirdeye

Appears it quite easy to hit the soft cap of 75% surge [can't remember the exact rating]

What is the optimal stat to use after the cap? Is there certain rating for accuracy for marauders?

Lately I used alacrity once I hit cap on surge. Around 4%. Usually run carnage for the most part, Sometimes run Fury for the stun immunity.

Any suggestions would be great.

Appears it quite easy to hit the soft cap of 75% surge [can't remember the exact rating]

What is the optimal stat to use after the cap? Is there certain rating for accuracy for marauders?

Lately I used alacrity once I hit cap on surge. Around 4%. Usually run carnage for the most part, Sometimes run Fury for the stun immunity.

Im in the process of switching out all my mods too. I am unclear on where i should focus, all I know is if it has Crit i switch it out. I play Carnage.

I did see Sky Rushes video and he had 2 suggestions, one had 0 Accuracy stats so you have 91%(with companion hidden buff) and 75% Surge, or Vice Versa, so its up to you. I would like to know the sweet spot for Alacrity... I think Hayette found it was like 6% or 8%? I cant remember.

You bring up another good question with Crit. I have zero crits mods, but running all strength augments. I think i have around 19% if i remember correctly.

Wonder if i should run all power augments and with zero crit. I guess it matters with Fury vs Carnage?

You bring up another good question with Crit. I have zero crits mods, but running all strength augments. I think i have around 19% if i remember correctly.

Wonder if i should run all power augments and with zero crit. I guess it matters with Fury vs Carnage?

His video, SkyRush's, actually had all power Augments and thats what im running.

Im in the process of switching out all my mods too. I am unclear on where i should focus, all I know is if it has Crit i switch it out. I play Carnage.

I did see Sky Rushes video and he had 2 suggestions, one had 0 Accuracy stats so you have 91%(with companion hidden buff) and 75% Surge, or Vice Versa, so its up to you. I would like to know the sweet spot for Alacrity... I think Hayette found it was like 6% or 8%? I cant remember.

Whats this hidden companion buff?

Whats this hidden companion buff?

10000 affection with you melee tank companion (needs to be done only 1x for legacy)=1% accuracy bonus

Also 10000 affection with all 5 types of companions give 1% bonus to stats (melee tank, ranged tank, melee dps, ranged dps, healer, all need to be done only 1x per legacy, C2-N2/2V-R8, Treek and HK-51 do NOT count, only the original companions)

the reason the cap is called soft is because there is no exact rating. around 400 points the return for new points in surge gets really crappy. whether or not it becomes so crappy that you would rather use a different stat is kind of tricky. you don't say what your accuracy rating is, and tbh i'm not sure if the standard rules apply because of the offhand. assume that you want the standard 95/105 and there isn't really much left over for anything else. alacrity is probably as good a place as any to put it, but i doubt you will see any noticeable difference than if you had just put it all into surge.

Sorry i dont see anywhere in that site stating anything about a hidden companion buff granting stats outside of crafting

Did you actually read it?

From the 2nd paragraph:

Why gain affection? Max affection with a companion will grant you a 5% crit chance to all crafting done by that companion and 15% efficiency (faster crafting). After 1.2, max affection will also unlock stat bonuses for the first companion of each type (i.e. melee tank, ranged dps) to be unlocked and a small presence boost (+10 presence, stacks with other companions, even if they are the same type

Since you missed it, here it is outlined:

Melee Tank(BroonMark)

1% Accuracy

Ranged Tank(Pierce)

1% Max HP

Ranged DPS(Vette)

1% Crit

Melee DPS(Jaesa)

1% Surge

Heals(Quinn)

2% Healing Received

Did you actually read it?

From the 2nd paragraph:

Why gain affection? Max affection with a companion will grant you a 5% crit chance to all crafting done by that companion and 15% efficiency (faster crafting). After 1.2, max affection will also unlock stat bonuses for the first companion of each type (i.e. melee tank, ranged dps) to be unlocked and a small presence boost (+10 presence, stacks with other companions, even if they are the same type

Since you missed it, here it is outlined:

Melee Tank(BroonMark)

1% Accuracy

Ranged Tank(Pierce)

1% Max HP

Ranged DPS(Vette)

1% Crit

Melee DPS(Jaesa)

1% Surge

Heals(Quinn)

2% Healing Received

Ah i see, I was confused- thank you so much. So those bonuses go onto your character? Thats really cool! I never noticed- but then again, I maxed out my affection before i hit 50 long long ago. Even though those bonuses seem small- I am sure they are actually huge differences since every bonus adds up.

Thanks again for expaining it for me!