How-To GSF

Talane

Thank you for making and posting that vid. :) It's quite basic, but in being so basic, really helped to simplify the displays and core idea of how everything works.

I've returned to SWTOR after several yrs absence, and GSF is totally new to me. I played one match, mostly because there was a reward mission for it (Intro to GSF, i think), and I got obliterated. It really wasn't fun at all, but that's because I had no idea what I was doing. I think Bioware really did a poor job in properly teaching someone new how to play.

At any rate, your vid helped. I'm sure there are more vids out there, but since you asked... ;) if you want to keep expanding your own GSF series of vids, I think you could go into more detail on tactics - some standard attack maneuvers, evade maneuvers, go over some of the more powerful attack/defensive "skills" or abilities, and also just What-the-EFFF the different crew members do, how they help you, how to choose them.

Again, much thanks!

Edited by Evil_Whiskey

Thank you for making and posting that vid. :) It's quite basic, but in being so basic, really helped to simplify the displays and core idea of how everything works.

I've returned to SWTOR after several yrs absence, and GSF is totally new to me. I played one match, mostly because there was a reward mission for it (Intro to GSF, i think), and I got obliterated. It really wasn't fun at all, but that's because I had no idea what I was doing. I think Bioware really did a poor job in properly teaching someone new how to play.

At any rate, your vid helped. I'm sure there are more vids out there, but since you asked... ;) if you want to keep expanding your own GSF series of vids, I think you could go into more detail on tactics - some standard attack maneuvers, evade maneuvers, go over some of the more powerful attack/defensive "skills" or abilities, and also just What-the-EFFF the different crew members do, how they help you, how to choose them.

Again, much thanks!

Stasie's guide is probably the best place to start. Drakolich's videos are also very good. The best way to learn imo is to join your server's GSF channel, usually /cj GSF or /cjoin GSF and ask around for a GSF guild to join. Group with veterans and ask questions, most pilots are more than willing to help out with solid advice for beginners and intermediates, and will also add in their own personal tips and tricks for more advanced flying (may start mild arguments in channel).

FInally, don't be discouraged by your performance at the start. My first 30 - 40 games were absolute disasters, but as long as your power through you'll find that your performance improves with each match, especially if you ask questions and get feedback after each match.