Only Long Time SWTOR Players Will Remember...

NoahRedden

Rolling a Gunslinger, a ranged class, only to have your first and only companion's signature move be an ability that pulls mobs close to you.

Not only that, but the move was bugged so even if you turned it off, it would turn itself back on at the next load screen. BioWare really went above and beyond to give Gunslingers the worst possible companion to slug through the first three planets with.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, the patch that rendered companion gear null and void if you used a mount. Lol. Each time you unmounted you had to unequip and then re-equip your companions gear so that they would get their stats back. It was hell when running dailies. lol

Oh, or how about the days when there were only two dailies areas, Illum and Belsavis. I remember waiting in line to kill mobs in those areas. lol

I kind of miss old Ilum, even though it was usually deserted.

Dead server populations were amazing. I will never forget how big and empty Hoth felt. It was kind of cool. I also remember that when another player would actually be there at the same time I always wondered where they were. Not sure I ever actually saw anyone else on screen.

Looooooong taxi rides.

Unique legacy names.

Forced transfers and renames.

As a few have mentioned: saving credits for a speeder. Hard to do if you wanted to pay for all of your abilities when you leveled also.

Running everywhere sucked.

People used to get excited about new content. :eek:

200+ servers and 80% of them were completely empty.

Early class missions seemed like they were designed for multiple players.

Walking everywhere.

Massive aggro spheres.

Long ability delays and inexplicable cooldowns.

"Please resubscribe to our bare-bones MMO. We'll give you a Founder title."

The white Gamorrean Axe initially promoted as a Cartel Market item.

Pre-inflation

Only 2 windows open max...and you couldn't move them...they were statically placed. You'd be shopping the GTN, trying to buy something or list something from your inventory, you'd be on page 45 of 195, your companion would return and it would close your freaking GTN window, resetting your entire search.

Not only that, but the entire GTN was just a huge pain in the butt to use. Nothing would come up on 75% of your searches. You had to manually and exactly type in what you were searching for or the game wouldn't find anything. God forbid you shorten a word you might not know how to spell in a sci-fi MMO. And forget searching for *all* items in a specific category. I don't miss the old GTN.