The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Knights of the Old Republic II Steam Update and the Future

kmildh

Right, Why am I posting this? You might wonder, I'm posting it cause a relatively massive update just came to KOTOR2, well.. I just encountered it anyway, and I'm not sure if there's already topics about this, but I was wondering whether you guys think they'll put out a big update for KOTOR1 aswell?

This is what's new for the kotor2 patch, taken from their steam page.

"Aspyr in partnership with Disney Interactive and LucasArts is proud to announce STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II - The Sith Lords™ is now available on Mac and LInux, along with a massive update to all 3 platforms.

New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay

• Steam Cloud saves

• Native widescreen resolution support

• Resolution support up to 4K and 5K

• Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation

3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)

• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day

Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu ;)"

Does this show promise for disney actually looking into the older star wars games?

Right, Why am I posting this? You might wonder, I'm posting it cause a relatively massive update just came to KOTOR2, well.. I just encountered it anyway, and I'm not sure if there's already topics about this, but I was wondering whether you guys think they'll put out a big update for KOTOR1 aswell?

This is what's new for the kotor2 patch, taken from their steam page.

"Aspyr in partnership with Disney Interactive and LucasArts is proud to announce STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II - The Sith Lords™ is now available on Mac and LInux, along with a massive update to all 3 platforms.

New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay

• Steam Cloud saves

• Native widescreen resolution support

• Resolution support up to 4K and 5K

• Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation

3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)

• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod Team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day

Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu ;)"

Does this show promise for disney actually looking into the older star wars games?

One can hope. Maybe they'll also add widescreen fix to Kotor 1 and fix the damned cutscenes (If it hasn't been done yet, I haven't played in over a year and to avoid a crash on launch I had to disable pre-rendered cutscenes).

I'm pretty sure they fixed the "movie cutscenes" in KOTOR2, but yeha if they're gonna update kotor 1 there should be a widescreen fix cause it's a pain to get it to work just to then realize the movie cutscenes don't even work.

I'm pretty sure they fixed the "movie cutscenes" in KOTOR2, but yeha if they're gonna update kotor 1 there should be a widescreen fix cause it's a pain to get it to work just to then realize the movie cutscenes don't even work.

That's what I was referring to, movie cutscenes in 1! That's one of my favorite games and dusting up my prehistoric laptop to play is adequatly isn't very appealing ^^