Eviscerating vs Hawkeye Crystals

KelbornX

Hawkeye Crystals are obviously the most popular choice, given how expensive they are on the GTN. Which is why I'm considering using Eviscerating Crystals.... I can get the color(s) I want for far, far less credits.

That said... would I be gimping myself from having the 82 Crit Rating with 2x Eviscerating vs 82 Power from 2x Hawkeye? Or is that amount so negligible compared to the rest of my gear that it really doesn't matter?

I don't plan on doing any PvP on my Sentinel, so I'm alright with being a bit over-budgeted on Crit.

The colors I really want to use for this character are just so expensive as Power crystals... yet are quite affordable as Crit or even Endurance ones. I'm just not sure how vital the Color Crystal slot is towards my overall stats.

Well, sure. But my question is... if I go with some other crystal just for the color will I be seriously gimping myself, or just kind of gimping myself?

I mean, a single 192 Mod has the same Power that 2x Hawkeye give. I'd much rather spend a few hundred thousand credits right now on crystals than several million for the color(s) I want if I can get away with it.

In practice, you won't see any difference between 82 crit and 82 power, so feel free to buy the cheaper crit crystals. You can always craft any stock color crystals or ask someone to craft them and compare them to see for yourself, that I'm speaking the truth :-)

Assuming this is for PvE (PvP uses Expertise crystals anyway) most disciplines will have a bit of crit, so get both crystals in crit and then swap one of your crit mods for power. You may be slightly further from the theoretical optimum that way, but in practice the difference will be much smaller than the RNG difference between parses.