Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Is there any way to make

Upirlikhyi

a custom chat channel my default channel?

Ummm not sure what you are specifically trying to do. I assume that you have made/joined a custom channel already. You could right click the chat tab and manually uncheck the general/PVP/trade chat boxes so they do not show in your chat box, is that what you are looking for? (I'd recommend making a new tab and using that one so you still have quick access to general(etc) chat but you can customize a tab for this custom channel.

If you are trying to make a custom channel your "/1" channel, I am pretty sure that is reserved for genchat.

Anyway, if this helped then great! If not please clarify what you want to happen and I will see what I can do to help.

Edited by Zharik

Ummm not sure what you are specifically trying to do. I assume that you have made/joined a custom channel already. You could right click the chat tab and manually uncheck the general/PVP/trade chat boxes so they do not show in your chat box, is that what you are looking for? (I'd recommend making a new tab and using that one so you still have quick access to general(etc) chat but you can customize a tab for this custom channel.

If you are trying to make a custom channel your "/1" channel, I am pretty sure that is reserved for genchat.

Anyway, if this helped then great! If not please clarify what you want to happen and I will see what I can do to help.

I have a guild channel with gen chat turned off and when i load into a new area it auto sends me back to gen chat channel...I want to make the guild channel my main channel but leave the gen chat channel so if i need to recruit its there...

If you go to preferences click chat you can turn off general there it won't turn back on until you change it in the settings from preferences, also you can make a second chat window turn off everything but guild chat. Hope,that helps :)

If you go to preferences click chat you can turn off general there it won't turn back on until you change it in the settings from preferences, also you can make a second chat window turn off everything but guild chat. Hope,that helps :)

I have the 2nd chat window..what is happening is when i load into a new area it changes my chat channel from the guild chat to where i leave gen up to recruit and I was trying to figure out if i can stop that somehow...

thanks for answering

I have the 2nd chat window..what is happening is when i load into a new area it changes my chat channel from the guild chat to where i leave gen up to recruit and I was trying to figure out if i can stop that somehow...

thanks for answering

Ahh so you mean that the main chat window switches back on due to default. I have no idea how to change that I really wish I did though all I can suggest is turn off general in that window and have general run in the secondary window that you created once you leave all the options on the second window, then you can edit the primary window to your liking, that is the only way I know how to resolve that issue...

Edit: ahh I see what you are talking about.. I have never messed with custom chat Chanel's all I do is use a different window for either guild and general chat. What you are saying is that your custom chat switches off your guild chat because in the chat window you created the custom one was set to general? I think best way to resolve that is use the custom chat in a separate window? if you right click your chat window it has the option to create a custom chat Chanel so maybe use that for what you need? Heh :(

Edited by CKNORTH

Ahh so you mean that the main chat window switches back on due to default. I have no idea how to change that I really wish I did though all I can suggest is turn off general in that window and have general run in the secondary window that you created once you leave all the options on the second window, then you can edit the primary window to your liking, that is the only way I know how to resolve that issue...

Edit: ahh I see what you are talking about.. I have never messed with custom chat Chanel's all I do is use a different window for either guild and general chat. What you are saying is that your custom chat switches off your guild chat because in the chat window you created the custom one was set to general? I think best way to resolve that is use the custom chat in a separate window? if you right click your chat window it has the option to create a custom chat Chanel so maybe use that for what you need? Heh :(

ahh i didn't even think of that...duh lol thank you so very very much...

Again thank you...I had been trying to figure something out since i came back in april and it never even dawned on me your suggestion.

Wow!! And no problem! Glad it all worked out that is a heck of a lot of time to Wait! It would of drove me insane! If I can't fix something right away I can't stop trying to find the problem and fix it. I would go gonzo bonkers! Lol

Wow!! And no problem! Glad it all worked out that is a heck of a lot of time to Wait! It would of drove me insane! If I can't fix something right away I can't stop trying to find the problem and fix it. I would go gonzo bonkers! Lol

oh i was..i think this was my 3rd attempt on forums and my guild while helpful couldnt figure it out either

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.