Set bonus question (PVP)

Racter

Has anyone experimented with running our 2.X set bonus over the newer ones? It seems to me the extra second/cd reduction on GBTF/UR + 10% more damage on leap would be significantly stronger for Carnage/Rage than the current 2%/3% + once a minute auto crit. I only have Obroan (took a long break right before S1 ended) but it's a 96 strength loss total, which works out to 19.2 bonus damage. The old set bonus works out to at least 95 bonus damage with up to 33% up time, not accounting for bolster, plus you can keep the new set bonus on belt/bracers for the 2pc.

Has anyone experimented with running our 2.X set bonus over the newer ones? It seems to me the extra second/cd reduction on GBTF/UR + 10% more damage on leap would be significantly stronger for Carnage/Rage than the current 2%/3% + once a minute auto crit. I only have Obroan (took a long break right before S1 ended) but it's a 96 strength loss total, which works out to 19.2 bonus damage. The old set bonus works out to at least 95 bonus damage with up to 33% up time, not accounting for bolster, plus you can keep the new set bonus on belt/bracers for the 2pc.

I think you just lose too much health and strength to make this work, but the old set bonus did have some advantages. I also don't understand why we have to land master strike to get the auto crit while jug/guardian gets it off saber through. Wish they had the sense to make the auto crit proc off of TST instead. Would be so much easier to use.

I think you just lose too much health and strength to make this work, but the old set bonus did have some advantages. I also don't understand why we have to land master strike to get the auto crit while jug/guardian gets it off saber through. Wish they had the sense to make the auto crit proc off of TST instead. Would be so much easier to use.

It procs on Dual Saber throw as well. Ravage/Master Strike should not be the ability used to proc this though...