The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Over Due Feature!

Lorsic

Why can't we save our hotkey bar layouts for each spec?

Bioware, I am so disappointed as are most of the SWTOR players that this is not in game yet. Please get this done already. It's long overdue and I know I'm not alone, and I hope others will post to make Bioware listen.

I'm hoping our Forum Community will make there voice heard here on this post, because I know this isn't the first post, but let's make it stick until we can get an official rep to give us a good reason why this isn't in game. . Blast this post with your vote to have this in game. We are all tired of moving all our hotkeys around when we re-spec. I know some of you have gotten adept at changing you hotkeys and that it's not a thing, but it still would be nice to have.. Wouldn't you agree.

Why can't we save our hotkey bar layouts for each spec?

Bioware, I am so disappointed as are most of the SWTOR players that this is not in game yet. Please get this done already. It's long overdue and I know I'm not alone, and I hope others will post to make Bioware listen.

I'm hoping our Forum Community will make there voice heard here on this post, because I know this isn't the first post, but let's make it stick until we can get an official rep to give us a good reason why this isn't in game. . Blast this post with your vote to have this in game. We are all tired of moving all our hotkeys around when we re-spec. I know some of you have gotten adept at changing you hotkeys and that it's not a thing, but it still would be nice to have.. Wouldn't you agree.

As far as the interface goes, you can actually create and save as many layouts for the quickbars as you'd like. I have one for most of the ACs since some have a greater variety of skills to have displayed while others require I have more space cleared on my UI to see in-game etc...

For hotkeys, each character is different so once you spec your character, set up the hotkeys and they will never change on that character. If you're annoyed you have to change hotkeys when you re-spec a character that already has a certain hotkey layout, then you're complaining about a non-issue.

Most people don't respec their character and if they do it isn't often. If we could change AC I might agree you have a point, but at this point resetting your hotkeys between specs of an AC should be incredibly easy <Says someone who does it on occasion.

I not commenting on UI. I know UI can be saved. I have many myself. I find your comment about most people not respec'n often surprising. In fact, I really thought people re-spec often to fill roles.

I also realized this is the wrong forum to post this suggestion. I will post in the correct forum.

Edited by Lorsic