Companion's equipment is still broken during class story conversations on ship

Qaoz

I know the patch notes for 3.3 were all:

• Companion’s equipment dyes now appear correctly during Conversations.

But companion equipment is still FUBAR'd during class story conversations on your ship.

My Jedi Knight's Kira normally has her helmet hidden and her colors unified, and she appears as such when I look at her on the ship, but during story conversations on the ship, her helmet is showing, and her gear is using its base colors.

Hide Head Slot works during companion story conversations on the ship, but equipment color unification is also broken there.

Note: When I check my companion's character sheet while on the ship, the color unification boxes and the Hide Head Slot box are unchecked. Manually checking each one does not change anything. This bug runs deep, huh?

Edited by Qaoz
New info based on testing

Yeah, it seems sort of fixed but sort of still messed up.

I have one companion with a dyed chest piece and the rest of the pieces color matched. They do now all appear correctly during companion conversations.

I have another companion on another character with no dyed pieces but the other armor pieces color matched to chest. During companion convos with them the other armor pieces are still not being color matched.

Edited by MrArrogant

See what I deduced about this problem here - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=825611

it seems that this update doesn't take armor's default color into account when deciding on unified colors, but merely copies dyes

-------------------

As for the headslots, it is usually fine to play without any helmets on companions.

Or it is a simple matter of using some "invisible" helmet (I have taken liking to Rascal's toothpick as of late)

Edited by Aries_cz