The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who are the most powerful Jedi / Sith of the Old Republic?

Strive-US

So far as I know its Vitiate #1 Revan #2 so far, all others are kind of speculative, but I would call the "high calibers" of the same basic area, to the point where the difference is circumstances, how they fight vs how their opponent fights, and to much speculation for me to even begin trying to rank them.

(this is also assuming we arent going back to Exar Kun days, and we arent going back to Ancient sith days where even more speculation just gets thrown in there)

Edited by tunewalker

So far as I know its Vitiate #1 Revan #2 so far, all others are kind of speculative, but I would call the "high calibers" of the same basic area, to the point where the difference is circumstances, how they fight vs how their opponent fights, and to much speculation for me to even begin trying to rank them.

(this is also assuming we arent going back to Exar Kun days, and we arent going back to Ancient sith days where even more speculation just gets thrown in there)

A lot have accolades that place them highly. We know Marr is the strongest Sith, not including Malgus. We know Ekkage is the greatest Assassin in history, and was viewed to be the Dark Side's greatest weapon etc.

A lot have accolades that place them highly. We know Marr is the strongest Sith, not including Malgus. We know Ekkage is the greatest Assassin in history, and was viewed to be the Dark Side's greatest weapon etc.

Placed Highly yes... I said this, but that doesnt mean we can give them actual rankings.

Placed Highly yes... I said this, but that doesnt mean we can give them actual rankings.

Yeh, I meant placed pretty solidly. For example, Marr being the strongest Sith in the Empire (barring Malgus) is a solid, quantifiable accolade.

Yeh, I meant placed pretty solidly. For example, Marr being the strongest Sith in the Empire (barring Malgus) is a solid, quantifiable accolade.

Is he? I didnt know that was one of his accolades, I know he was the head of hte Dark Council, but I thought his contemporaries were just about on par with him.... I guess as the leader that does make him next up. But then its a question of Satele and him, or all the others from KoToR 1 and 2. It is just hard to place some of them in a line....

Is he? I didnt know that was one of his accolades, I know he was the head of hte Dark Council, but I thought his contemporaries were just about on par with him.... I guess as the leader that does make him next up. But then its a question of Satele and him, or all the others from KoToR 1 and 2. It is just hard to place some of them in a line....

Marr is the ultimate Sith Warrior in the Empire. He's essentially SWTOR's Wrath + 40 years of experience on the Dark Council.

In my opinion, Revan at his best is actually more powerful than anyone else. The Wrath, Nox, Jedi Battlemaster, and Bar'senthor's are all roughly equivalent, and tied for second most powerful. Vitiate comes in third, with his knowledge putting him above the others in terms of potential, but the Battlemaster defeated him, Revan was winning before Scourge betrayed him, so he's not more powerful.

After them, I'd say Marr, and Satele Shan. I'd put Meetra Surik after them, and other Dark Council/Jedi Council members after that.

In my opinion, Revan at his best is actually more powerful than anyone else. The Wrath, Nox, Jedi Battlemaster, and Bar'senthor's are all roughly equivalent, and tied for second most powerful. Vitiate comes in third, with his knowledge putting him above the others in terms of potential, but the Battlemaster defeated him, Revan was winning before Scourge betrayed him, so he's not more powerful.

After them, I'd say Marr, and Satele Shan. I'd put Meetra Surik after them, and other Dark Council/Jedi Council members after that.

Sorry bub, battlemaster only defeated vitiates voice, a small fragment of his power. Now to put things in perspective for ya, Wrath defeated thr empowered true voice.

Sorry bub, battlemaster only defeated vitiates voice, a small fragment of his power. Now to put things in perspective for ya, Wrath defeated thr empowered true voice.

The Emperor is highly overrated, in my humble opinion. He can transfer his consciousness, which gives him the ability to study the arcane nature of the Force, and rituals that are powerful. But he, himself, isn't all that powerful. Given knowledge of his rituals, and perhaps one or two of your own, any force user PC should be able to take him. You're every bit as powerful as he is.

As for 'true' voice versus plain old voice, it's semantics. Either version was defeated by a player character, in any case.

The Emperor is highly overrated, in my humble opinion. He can transfer his consciousness, which gives him the ability to study the arcane nature of the Force, and rituals that are powerful. But he, himself, isn't all that powerful. Given knowledge of his rituals, and perhaps one or two of your own, any force user PC should be able to take him. You're every bit as powerful as he is.

As for 'true' voice versus plain old voice, it's semantics. Either version was defeated by a player character, in any case.

Vitiate does not have a lot of combat experience to put like that he always tricked other and stole their power but he never went on the battlefield to put it like that if we take his sith sorcery he kinda sucks at lightsaber combat. Proof is when he fought against the Wrath and JK and also when he controled the Jedi on Ziost he also sucked. Or when he control Kira Karsen. We are taking a being that has a thousands of years against a knight who is in his 20's at most. After living so many years he should have mastered all forms of lightsaber combat.

riiiight revan so much more powerful then the Emperor he got his *** kicked everytime they went up against each other

Vitiate flat-out stomps Revan. Play the Jedi Knight story.

I'd put the Dread Masters (as a unit) as #2. One-trick ponies but its a very good trick. You don't see anyone else killing fleets by waving at them. The only man they listen to is Vitiate.

Revan #3. Explicitly too powerful for any hero to solo or duo, no matter which way you approach Yavin. He's still a conventional commander, though, which Vitiate and the Dread Masters are not.

#4...Darth Nox. His powers are unique and he'll win any fight with another Darth or Jedi Master by default. No other PC is close to this; they can all be killed if nothing else.

#5...Top-end NPC Darths and Jedi. Marr, Ekkage, Jadus, Satele Shan. The Hero of Tython and the Wrath are in this general neighborhood but less experienced.

I don't understand why everybody seems to be rating Ekkage that high she didn't seem that much more powerful than Baras. As for the current most powerful Sith I would have Darth Marr simply due to his experience and respect he holds within the Empire the military does as he says and majority of the time other Dark Council members do not question him. :wea_03:

I don't understand why everybody seems to be rating Ekkage that high she didn't seem that much more powerful than Baras. As for the current most powerful Sith I would have Darth Marr simply due to his experience and respect he holds within the Empire the military does as he says and majority of the time other Dark Council members do not question him. :wea_03:

Because she's confirmed in an out of universe narrative to be the greatest Assassin to ever grace the Sith Order. Not to mention numerous individuals in the Empire and Sith order apparently viewed her to be the greatest weapon of the Sith Order to boot.

Because she's confirmed in an out of universe narrative to be the greatest Assassin to ever grace the Sith Order. Not to mention numerous individuals in the Empire and Sith order apparently viewed her to be the greatest weapon of the Sith Order to boot.

Yet the Wrath defeated her.

With another Jedi and one of his companions....?

While weakened from the Stasis chamber...

I would argue the Stasis Chamber is the big factor here. Most people marvel how powerful Wrath is after they lose to them. Ekkage is one of the only exceptions who instead asks "Have I really been this weakened?" Implying that she was not at her full strength. This is because she was just released from the stasis chamber. It is still an accolade, however, that the Sith Warrior weakened her even in this state.

The Jedi in question that assists wrath has no accolades and the companions are mostly there for gameplay reasons. We don't know if lore wise the Wrath used a companion in this specific fight. Not to mention if the Canon wrath is dark side (which I believe he would be) he strikes down the Jedi that he was fighting along side just after the battle with no effort.

I'd say Wrath carried that fight but I will reiterate. Ekkage was definitely weakened. I will also point out she's an assassin which means she fights at her best from catching an opponent off guard when they're vulnerable. The wrath is instead a front line fighter who's at his best forcing an opponent into a grueling close quarter fight. The manner in which she was fought strongly favors the Wrath and his strengths as well.

Edited by Rhyltran