Tattooine House Hook Limit is Excessive

BelenUmeria

I agree that:

(1) We should not be lowering decoration counts and thus limiting our ability to decorate our strongholds.

(2) It is frustrating to get a sudden nerf in conquest bonuses and being forced to choose between reasonably and tastefully decorated strongholds and maximizing our conquest efficiency.

Item (1) cannot be worked around with additional time and effort but item (2) can. If we have to choose between one or the other, I'm glad they have sided with (1).

However, unfortunately, it seems Bioware have decided that strongholds and conquests will remain intertwined as somewhat opposing forces. I can't tell whether forcing us to choose between these two tensions was purposefully designed in order to create a kind of phase shift in the competition, or if it is simply something they haven't seen as a major problem, or if they haven't yet decided on how to resolve it at this time. I wish they would comment on it.

They may see it as in their best interests to nerf conquest bonuses because it results in more material/credit/time sinks, but I hope that isn't it. It hearkens back to the original mistakes of trying to draw out playtime by introducing inconveniences to slow the player down. While tying these two game play components together might have a nice ring to it as a theme, it's definitely a drawback as a player and will either make me spend less money on decorating strongholds or it will generate less desire to participate in conquests. Neither one of those results helps Bioware or the game and I hope they consider ways to prevent it. Many good suggestions were given on the PTS for increasing decoration counts without unduly penalizing reaching conquest objectives. I wish they would say something about whether or not they even think it's a problem they would consider addressing at some point.

Edited by JasonNH

Bioware,

The new hook limit on Tattooine is excessive. The Yavin house is 4 times larger with fewer hooks. In order to get my tattooine house to 100%, I had to trash the place. There are not enough hooks on Tattooine to get to 100% and still have the house look good.

Please fix this issue. You have basically trashed a very expensive home. I am not even sure you tested it to see the sheer difficulty in getting to 100%.

Belen

I agree i had to basically do the same

I don't believe that the number of hooks they added is the problem. The problem is where they placed them. I was hoping the new hooks would mostly be out in the open areas where there are currently no hooks. I was hoping to place various decorations that work well in an open area compared to the plethora of locations that are covered by the existing canopies.