Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Mix and match PVP

Drysdale

Here, I'll elaborate a little. Back from a long break, geared out my Shadow last night. Instead of the stalker focus, I went with the healing focus for surge instead of alacrity. Is something like this feasible for merc or do the sets really give you, statwise, what you need? Not really talking about mixing/matching for bonuses.

Uh what.

A focus is not even part of the set bonuses.

As such it doesn't matter what one you take.

MH, OH, entire left side apart from bracers is pick and mix for any class.

For BiSlotting people buy multiples or individual mods to get whatever they think is BiS for any class.

Edited by Gyronamics

I was using my shadow as an example, since I geared it last night and wanted to check before gearing my merc.

So basically my question is do all of the pieces of the same DPS merc set(can't remember name) give the desired/meta numbers or should I try switching out weapons, mods, ear piece, implants, etc.

I was using my shadow as an example, since I geared it last night and wanted to check before gearing my merc.

So basically my question is do all of the pieces of the same DPS merc set(can't remember name) give the desired/meta numbers or should I try switching out weapons, mods, ear piece, implants, etc.

Not really. I use pieces for Power and Surge on my Juggernaut because Vengeance Jugg has no Surge Boosters in their tree, and I have 2 Auto Crit skills, so Crit doesn't help too much. Just figure out what you like stat wise.

Not really. I use pieces for Power and Surge on my Juggernaut because Vengeance Jugg has no Surge Boosters in their tree, and I have 2 Auto Crit skills, so Crit doesn't help too much. Just figure out what you like stat wise.

Thanks for the help. Is there a target for stats or order I should go? I've heard 25crit/75surge, then focus on power? Is accuracy not as important in pvp due to expertise?

Sorry, I've just been gone a while. Forgot some stuff and not sure what's changed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.