Yavin Stronghold needs a different entry point!

Kulyok

Yavin stronghold is great. Fantastic. Expensive... ahem. Anyway, very beautiful.

But the entrance is not very functional. Usually when I enter a stronghold, I immediately need access to my mailbox, cargo hold, legacy hold, GTN and crafting nodes. That means at least one "large" hook close by.

On Tatooine, Dromund Kaas, Coruscant and even Nar Shaddaa this hook is available near the entrance. But on Yavin, you arrive near a huge starship hook, and you have to do a long run(or a rocket boost flight) through the forest to the nearest large hook.

That doesn't seem to be very functional. While the stronghold is still new and it's not too late to make changes, please, please consider changing it - at least let the character spawn close to the normal hooks.

I'm currently locked out due to the redownloading entire game issue...but can't you convert the starship hook to a series of large hooks, or roughly whatever else you need?

That occurred to me, too, and I'd say it's a very interesting idea, but llosing an entire starship hook would hurt, because there're only two of them, and I want both the Yavin Arena and the ship displayed. Also, a GTN standing in the middle of large empty space looks a little bit strange.

Also, I haven't checked, but sometimes starship hooks can't be replaced - if I recall correctly, Tatooine's outside starship hook can't(I placed a Sandcrawler there).

That occurred to me, too, and I'd say it's a very interesting idea, but llosing an entire starship hook would hurt, because there're only two of them, and I want both the Yavin Arena and the ship displayed. Also, a GTN standing in the middle of large empty space looks a little bit strange.

Also, I haven't checked, but sometimes starship hooks can't be replaced - if I recall correctly, Tatooine's outside starship hook can't(I placed a Sandcrawler there).

I finally got in, and can verify it is one of those that can not be changed. I did double check though, and for the things you mention, you don't need a large hook. Each of the 2 pillars next to the ship are medium hooks, which would fit a GTN kiosk. These are surrounded by narrow hooks on 2 sides for 4 total per pillar ( which can be converted to 2 small hooks ), and there's 1 small hook. This should cover your specific needs. ( and I would just about bet that is the exact reason for those hooks to be there. )

Personally, I want to have hooks cover pretty much all of the ground, and see no reason certain hooks like this starship one should not be able to be down converted. Ok, what I REALLY want is a system with no hooks at all ( Ala EQ2/SWG. ), but at least let us have the hooks cover more than 1/3 of the area. ( and for the love of all things, fix the alignment on them! For example, the floor hook on the flagship bridge that is off to one side so far that the limited movement you can do can't even get it close to centered in the hallway, rendering that hook useless. )

I'd say comfort and functionality takes precedence over RP - that's what SWTOR's been like all those years, after all.

I tried placing GTN next to the starship hook, but, um, there's really no place - on the top of a column doesn't seem great. So... yeah. Don't know what to do with it. It's really a pity - the waterfall room is great, and if I only spawned closer to the entrance, I could use it as my main base of operations.

Comfort and Functionality, you need only run a few meters to inside the Temple, another 10 seconds of your life, hardly a great sacrifice.

Um. Um. I got about sixteen characters to roll daily. Each needs to reset crafting missions. I have to switch strongholds for that, and I need them close to the legacy storage/GTN/crafting nodes every time. Given how I check GTN and other stuff maybe eight times per day, no, I'd say it's much more than 10 seconds of my life - and other people's lives.

I'd rather keep the conversation polite and friendly, by the way.

Yeah, same here. Waterfall room is my favorite, too - I've already placed a mini-garden there, and all the tools and everything.

Me too, I have all the cargo bays (personal, legacy and guild), a mail box, the Item Mod station and so on in this room. Added a lot of NPC's and some companions, and it 'seems' crowded, more lifelike. And I use my Tautaun to get everywhere :D

Wow, I came to this forum specifically to make this thread... thanks for already doing it! :)

It is so frustrating to have to speeder all the way to the building every time I zone in. Also, thanks for reminding me every time that I don't have a ship to place there. :cool:

It would be nice to have an ability to move your spawn point to where you like, and have it be account wide. Or if you don't want to do that at least put us on the stairs at the entrance to the main building, or on the porch outside.

And as for some saying it's a good idea to spawn next to the ship because that's logical... why not spawn next to the ship in all strongholds? NS outside on the balcony, Tat down on bottom level next to ship and so on. You know why, because that's inconvenient. And so is this.

Waterfall room is my favorite, too - I've already placed a mini-garden there, and all the tools and everything.

Same, mini waterfall room is my "bedroom" all utilities are off in the one corner, floor safe works nicely ^_^ ill try and get a screenshot after work tomorrow to explajn better :)

I actually like the idea of loading near the starship hook for RP purposes so for me RP would come first. I put my stuff on the one of the sides before you enter the temple. It is still outside but over to the side with the banks actually around the GTN.

My mailbox is on the small hook just before you enter the stronghold.

I'm currently locked out due to the redownloading entire game issue...but can't you convert the starship hook to a series of large hooks, or roughly whatever else you need?

This is one of the problems with their hook systems. You only get a few options to convert to and they generally are not very great options. Mix the hook placement into it and I quickly found out that although Y4 looks amazing, it utterly fails as a stronghold because of the way the hooks have been layed out and that is an issue for decorating but also not being able to put all your usual utilities near the entry point of the stronghold. Just very annoying.

So far every public Y4 stronghold I've visited looked like a garage sale on drugs. It's not a good thing.

Great advice about putting a mailbox next to the starship! Though the starship itself should have a mailbox in theory, heh.

I'm really hoping the devs will take time and figure something about about the entry point. Honestly, I wish it were possible to choose out of two places to spawn(say, if the stronghold is fully unlocked, you get another option), but that's probably not going to happen.

I have found sometimes I load in from the starship hook and other times right in the middle of the temple. Not sure what causes what.

If you leave the stronghold and don't enter any other phase, you're returned to where you were when you left the stronghold. It gets weird when you log out while in the stronghold: If you log in and are on Yavin 4 for example, walk a bit and then jump to Tatooine, fetch a decoration and go back to Yavin, you return to the place where you last logged out, instead of the entry point or the place where you actually were when you left Yavin.

And yes, please move the regular entry point to the main temple, to save us the hike from the landing platform, and to help hide the fact how tiny the ship decorations actually are.

Edited by Mubrak

• 1 year later...