What happens with the Emperor

bigbassman

I don't know if this has been answered yet or not. But what happens with/to the Emperor after Ziost and how will he fit into the KOTFR story line? I'm excited for the new expansion, but it seems to be a tangent from the previous story line.

Do you think it'll be addressed or part of another expansion down the road?

No one knows. I have a theory that Valkorion may be one of the Emperor's Children left with the subconcious order to build an empire decades ago with the purpose of causing more death and destruction from which Vititate may feed.

I'm sure Vitiate will play a role of some kind in KotFE, BioWare wouldn't have him do what he did and then have him never appear again. I suspect he'll basically be like the Old Gods in WoW; always has his hand in things, manipulating galactic events, but seldom doing anything directly. Basically, a reason for why terrible things happen.

No one knows. I have a theory that Valkorion may be one of the Emperor's Children left with the subconcious order to build an empire decades ago with the purpose of causing more death and destruction from which Vititate may feed.

I'm sure Vitiate will play a role of some kind in KotFE, BioWare wouldn't have him do what he did and then have him never appear again. I suspect he'll basically be like the Old Gods in WoW; always has his hand in things, manipulating galactic events, but seldom doing anything directly. Basically, a reason for why terrible things happen.

Except

The Barsen'thor messed up the First Son enough to reveal all other existing Children. If Valkorion was a Child of the Emperor, then the Republic would have known about the Zakuul Empire right off the bat.

But I do believe the real Sith Emperor will be moving along in the shadows.

Edited by Joluka

:rak_02:

Except

The Barsen'thor messed up the First Son enough to reveal all other existing Children. If Valkorion was a Child of the Emperor, then the Republic would have known about the Zakuul Empire right off the bat.

Oh, I wasn't sure. Kinda squishes my theory, then. Thanks for informing me, though.

Except

I tend to agree, and hope that is the developers plan. I also wonder if we've seen the end of Revan?

In a letter to the sith warrior from the Emperors hand..They say the Emperors body is being shifted by the imperial guard for protection. He is definitely killable

That was before the whole Yavin and Ziost debacles.

It's stated that currently there is no way to harm him, as he is no longer restrained by a physical form.

Edited by Rodyn

That was before the whole Yavin and Ziost debacles.

It's stated that currently there is no way to harm him, as he is no longer restrained by a physical form.

Yep, things have changed. Darth Marr flat-out says as much in a letter. No one has any real suggestions on how to engage the guy. And then there's the bit of how he got to Ziost, which is not in the same star system as Yavin 4 in case you have gotten too used to interstellar travel in Star Wars. Did he hijack a ship? Fly there himself???

On Ziost you beat down a whole lot of people under his control and it doesn't do anything to Vitiate. Even when you take out his preferred vessel in the Sixth Line commander, or the two Jedi Masters before then. He can use these people fully without putting his essence on the line. Vitiate responds to his last loss by getting moderately cranky, undoing most of your work, then telling you that he wants you to watch the end of the planet so he's not going to try to kill you again. Then he vapes Ziost consuming who the hell knows millions of people.

The Eternal Empire is of no threat to him. He may be a massive threat to them if they were planning under the assumption this is a normal war. They would have no way of knowing what Vitiate actually is. Vitiate now has very little reason to care about any of the war so he's probably just watching and feeding.

Edited by Canareth

In the revan book that came out, it doesn't really explain what happens to the emperor. Supposidly he just disappears in the force. But I would guess they ended it that way for him to come back from the dead like every other sith villan in the lore. I mean palpatine cheated death like 10x.

In the revan book that came out, it doesn't really explain what happens to the emperor. Supposidly he just disappears in the force. But I would guess they ended it that way for him to come back from the dead like every other sith villan in the lore. I mean palpatine cheated death like 10x.

The events you are referring to happened +300 years back. The OP is referring to whatever came to pass after Ziost.

THAT is what we do not know. Yet.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well, something smells foul. We are going to start as outlanders, remnants of the fallen empire/republic. They should have released another expansion to bring which would justify the fall of the present galaxy, and the invasion of Zakuul. From what I understand, the empire of Zakuul is in another galaxy; different from ours.

I wouldn't doubt that Vitiate just barges in at the end of the KotFE plot and hijacks the final boss fight, or otherwise gets set up to become the face of whatever comes next. Valkorion seems very sure of himself and certain of his actions, their rightfulness, and their inevitable success. If a writer ever felt like using something to torpedo his hubris in the narrative, having Vitiate spring some master trap and bring everything crashing down would be one way to do it.