The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition - Save the Montrals!

TheSeventhJedi

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the reasons it is so disappointing is that the general shape and size of the female montrals/lekku is very much like the existing NPC's have (thus, more likely to be in-line with player expectations), but the male ones are very different.

Maybe they did go with the different look for males because of the way Togruta look in the Clone Wars. But that seems a bit silly to me. Not everyone that plays SWTOR has seen Clone Wars Togruta, but most SWTOR players have seen SWTOR Togruta. As for the "but that's how it is in canon!" argument -- I thought SWTOR wasn't considered official canon, so why would it matter? :confused:

I guess it just seems odd to change up the design so much for the males without a compelling reason. And no, I don't consider "But the genders need to look DIFFERENT! . . . we'll let the females have the look we know players like though (because who cares about males with head tentacles?)" to be a compelling reason. :p

Anyhow, I agree that having both smaller and larger options for the head thingies would be wonderful, for both genders even. :) Crossing my fingers for Togruta customization packs!

Edited by Gwena

I think one of the reasons it is so disappointing is that the general shape and size of the female montrals/lekku is very much like the existing NPC's have (thus, more likely to be in-line with player expectations), but the male ones are very different.

Maybe they did go with the different look for males because of the way Togruta look in the Clone Wars. But that seems a bit silly to me. Not everyone that plays SWTOR has seen Clone Wars Togruta, but most SWTOR players have seen SWTOR Togruta. As for the "but that's how it is in canon!" argument -- I thought SWTOR wasn't considered official canon, so why would it matter? :confused:

I guess it just seems odd to change up the design so much for the males without a compelling reason. And no, I don't consider "But the genders need to look DIFFERENT! . . . we'll let the females have the look we know players like though (because who cares about males with head tentacles?)" to be a compelling reason. :p

Anyhow, I agree that having both smaller and larger options for the head thingies would be wonderful, for both genders even. :) Crossing my fingers for Togruta customization packs!

It might matter due to their contract requirements re togruta. BW can only do something if Disney says it's ok

I would very much like the option for longer Lekku/Montrals/whetever-they're-called for male Togruta...

Failing that I would like the existing male Lekku/montrals TO BE THE SAME LENGTH. The right one is slightly longer than the left one, and it really drives me batty. I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen anyone else mention this.

Sorry, but I decided to buy togruta precisely because I saw in the preview that male montrals were different from female and shorter. I do not want them changed.

My thoughts exactly.

The point of this topic WASNT to CHANGE them off current player model, but to get a custom option to make them longer if people prefer original longer lekku, like hair option on cc market. Surely you are not against that.

Edited by Kiesu

The point of this topic WASNT to CHANGE them off current player model, but to get a custom option to make them longer if people prefer original longer lekku, like hair option on cc market. Surely you are not against that.

Well no but what I'm thinking is they should have just made the npcs look like the player models and this would have never been a problem.

Did you even read what I said? Basically what I said was they should have always look like the player model not like they do now.

And have you been reading anything I have said and linked previously?

Can you tell me why they _should_ look like players atm? I'd much rather hear your reasoning than just your opinion. I will reply after.

Edited by Kiesu

And have you been reading anything I have said and linked previously?

Can you tell me why they _should_ look like players atm? I'd much rather hear your reasoning than just your opinion. I will reply after.

I don't have to explain because you don't seem to understand what people tell you. Have a nice day :)

I don't have to explain because you don't seem to understand what people tell you. Have a nice day :)

I think its the other way around. I've been doing plenty of finding reference and explanations of why longer lekku should be available. All I've seen you do is say "this should be so because I said so". Feel free to quote yourself giving an explanation on the matter if I missed it.

I think its the other way around. I've been doing plenty of finding reference and explanations of why longer lekku should be available. All I've seen you do is say "this should be so because I said so". Feel free to quote yourself giving an explanation on the matter if I missed it.

Just don't play one if you're so butthurt over the freaking lekku.

Just don't play one if you're so butthurt over the freaking lekku.

Oh I'm sorry I thought this was the forum area where people can discuss random things and make suggestions for CC market.

Your opinion is different than mine, I'm still not telling you to fu off togruta market. How rude.

Edited by Kiesu

Oh I'm sorry I thought this was the forum area where people can discuss random things and make suggestions for CC market.

Your opinion is different than mine, I'm still not telling you to fu off togruta market. How rude.

1. Saying someone is butthurt isn't telling someone to F off and 2. You don't really seem to like them so why complain about a race you have as a female?

Gee you really like stating the obvious dont you.

1. Saying someone is butthurt isn't telling someone to F off and 2. You don't really seem to like them so why complain about a race you have as a female?

Indeed I am not playing as male for reasons I have stated before. Point of this topic wasnt however if you should play one or not, you are mixing up topics now.

Well I'm going off of the actual canon of the clone wars and they have it the same way.

And yes I still want custom option for longer lekku like this topic is petitioning, amazing how people are so against non-canon customization options, when anyone can ride a bloody rancor that nobody but one clan in the entire SW universe have been able to ride canon. Its like the lenght of the montral is the only canon thing that suddenly matters to anyone anymore. Double standard much. Learn your lore and notice the already existing flaws and then tell me what should or should not be canon. I'd petition rancor mount removal and colored core crystals removal from the game for starters if we want to be so pure pure.

Gee you really like stating the obvious dont you.

Indeed I am not playing as male for reasons I have stated before. Point of this topic wasnt however if you should play one or not, you are mixing up topics now.

And yes I still want custom option for longer lekku like this topic is petitioning, amazing how people are so against non-canon customization options, when anyone can ride a bloody rancor that nobody but one clan in the entire SW universe have been able to ride canon. Its like the lenght of the montral is the only canon thing that suddenly matters to anyone anymore. Double standard much. Learn your lore and notice the already existing flaws and then tell me what should or should not be canon. I'd petition rancor mount removal and colored core crystals removal from the game for starters if we want to be so pure pure.

Isn't it bedtime in Finland? :)

Well I'm going off of the actual canon of the clone wars and they have it the same way.

Well, just because we don't SEE any males with long ones in the canon doesn't mean that canon prohibits it. I mean, you don't see many male humans with long hair these days, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. What's more - growing out hair that long is a - shocker - choice!

Well, just because we don't SEE any males with long ones in the canon doesn't mean that canon prohibits it. I mean, you don't see many male humans with long hair these days, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. What's more - growing out hair that long is a - shocker - choice!

You really want longer lekku don't you.