The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars the force awakens

EliNielsen

Any hints on what you guys will do during the movies release?

the expansion is gonna be it more or less. I'd expect new CM items to tie in with the new movie, blasters that look suspiciously like the ones in the movies, proably a cross guard Lightsaber etc

the expansion is gonna be it more or less. I'd expect new CM items to tie in with the new movie, blasters that look suspiciously like the ones in the movies, proably a cross guard Lightsaber etc

In all likelihood, this.

I'm still holding out hope that SWTOR gets canonized after the movie is released, the delay being so nobody would suspect the deeper connection between the two.

Also holding out hope HK-something will get a movie appearance. He deserves one, and is a droid, so he could survive that long.

In all likelihood, this.

I'm still holding out hope that SWTOR gets canonized after the movie is released, the delay being so nobody would suspect the deeper connection between the two.

Also holding out hope HK-something will get a movie appearance. He deserves one, and is a droid, so he could survive that long.

Why would you want TOR to be canonized? Being non-canon allows the writers more freedoms to do what they'd like and not have to worry about conflicting with anything.

Why would you want TOR to be canonized? Being non-canon allows the writers more freedoms to do what they'd like and not have to worry about conflicting with anything.

No, it wouldn't. Just because it isn't officially canon doesn't mean Bioware can go destroy Coruscant or something.

No, it wouldn't. Just because it isn't officially canon doesn't mean Bioware can go destroy Coruscant or something.

Part of the reason why KotFE is doing such a drastic change to the status quo is because of the canon freedom they have now.

I want it canonized because with it comes characters and ideas I love and think should be a part of the Star Wars universe, going forward. I mean, canonization of SWTOR opens up everything from KotOR, both 1 & 2, Darth Bane trilogy to a lesser extent, and of course from this game, itself.

I'd love to see a holocron of Revan, or the Sith Emperor, or Bane, or Meetra Surik, or any number of characters. I'd love to see HK, as I stated. I'd love, maybe in a bounty hunter-centric movie, some reference to GO-TO (or Goto). Maybe see the Ebon Hawk in a museum, or something. It just gives these stories more weight, to a degree, and lends a connection to movie watchers who also played these games.

I don't expect, or really want, something as drastic as the Sith Emperor showing up in Episode VII. But wouldn't it be great if one of the characters mentions him? Nothing important, just something in passing. It's not important, but it's awesome if they do it.

Part of the reason why KotFE is doing such a drastic change to the status quo is because of the canon freedom they have now.

Drastic changes does not mean they will do anything that will make the movies impossible.

I don't expect, or really want, something as drastic as the Sith Emperor showing up in Episode VII.

You are out of luck SlickCorrog, he is the main villain of the trilogy, though we will not see him in person in VII.

Go see it with the expectation that it will be another episode 3

Watch it and realize its not as bad as I though and found it to be pretty good and pretty weird to see the original cast as old timers.

Come to the realization that every book, every comic, every game, they are no longer a part of the movie series.

Sink into depression

Go see it with the expectation that it will be another episode 3

Watch it and realize its not as bad as I though and found it to be pretty good and pretty weird to see the original cast as old timers.

Come to the realization that every book, every comic, every game, they are no longer a part of the movie series.

Sink into depression

In my opinion Episode 3 is the best out of the six movies. The new movie looks even better

Edited by SnowWolverine

I want it canonized because with it comes characters and ideas I love and think should be a part of the Star Wars universe, going forward. I mean, canonization of SWTOR opens up everything from KotOR, both 1 & 2, Darth Bane trilogy to a lesser extent, and of course from this game, itself.

I'd love to see a holocron of Revan, or the Sith Emperor, or Bane, or Meetra Surik, or any number of characters. I'd love to see HK, as I stated. I'd love, maybe in a bounty hunter-centric movie, some reference to GO-TO (or Goto). Maybe see the Ebon Hawk in a museum, or something. It just gives these stories more weight, to a degree, and lends a connection to movie watchers who also played these games.

I don't expect, or really want, something as drastic as the Sith Emperor showing up in Episode VII. But wouldn't it be great if one of the characters mentions him? Nothing important, just something in passing. It's not important, but it's awesome if they do it.

Darth Bane is canon, though the darth bane trilogy isn't.

Darth Bane is canon, though the darth bane trilogy isn't.

Exactly. I thoroughly enjoyed Dave Karpyshyn(sp?)'s interpretation of Darth Bane. It doesn't have any bearing on the story of Anakin, or anything after that (I hope), so why can't it become canon? I don't want a new story of Darth Bane. It'd be like if they remade the original trilogy. Nobody wants a modern version of Han, Luke, or Vader.

Exactly. I thoroughly enjoyed Dave Karpyshyn(sp?)'s interpretation of Darth Bane. It doesn't have any bearing on the story of Anakin, or anything after that (I hope), so why can't it become canon? I don't want a new story of Darth Bane. It'd be like if they remade the original trilogy. Nobody wants a modern version of Han, Luke, or Vader.

Honestly, I doubt we'll get any details on Bane eneugh for it to matter anyway. he's "ancient history" as far as disney canon is concerned.