Are Treek and HK really the best companions?

Revoltan

Alright so i realize there is a bunch of threads which ask this same question across the web, but i cant seem to find any that are up to date with Shadow of Revan.

So if I gear my HK and another DPS companion in the Yavin 4 192 gear will HK out DPS the other comp?

Same question for Treek. Are they really better in combat or should i just send them on companion missions instead.

Im mainly curious because ive been using them for so long im starting to get sick of them. I'd rather have Vette in a bikini follow me around than a lamer version of HK-47.

Well, when HK first came out, he shot a non-elite with his 1 shot kill shot for over 150K when I ran him.

I have yet to see any other companion with 192 Yavin 4 gear outdo that one shot of his.

As for healing/tanking, Treek is still the best.

So if you want a DPS killer, I would use HK and heals/tank, Treek.

So unless, someone shows me a screen shot of another companion, ripping a non-champion npc brains to bits for over 150K, HK is King, period.

And that was when he had his original level 50 gear on.

haven't messed with him with his 192 gear yet.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when HK first came out, he shot a non-elite with his 1 shot kill shot for over 150K when I ran him.

I have yet to see any other companion with 192 Yavin 4 gear outdo that one shot of his.

As for healing/tanking, Treek is still the best.

So if you want a DPS killer, I would use HK and heals/tank, Treek.

So unless, someone shows me a screen shot of another companion, ripping a non-champion npc brains to bits for over 150K, HK is King, period.

And that was when he had his original level 50 gear on.

haven't messed with him with his 192 gear yet.

That's 1 shot after you have to build his stacks to be able to use it.

Measuring PVE DPS can be a bit tricky because it all depends on the situation. If you're talking about just wooshing through content, his AOE ability (or lack thereof) would drop him to near dead last in any kind of ranking. Those 1 in 5 instant kills on silvers would bump up his numbers a bit, but really would very minimally speed up progression. But then we also have to factor in things such as Treeks ability to not break CC, which other companions can do, which also would slow down progression.

In terms of raw dps power over time, many parses were done some time ago and showed that melee dps companions in their damage over time stance tend to parse higher on the training dummies than every other type of companion (there was one exception, Yuun I believe, that for whatever reason just doesn't parse well).

Again hard to really use anything else to compare numbers wise, as if you tried that HK 1-shot will alter the results depending on the HP of the silver used to measure. I've always taken a melee DPS companion no matter what my class and I find (in my completely unrecorded assumption) that at level 60 content we have now on yavin and ziost silvers really just take a fraction longer to kill than regular mobs, and the dps loss from using HK is not really recovered when his one hit kill is used.

In lower level content, especially at the power curves around belsavis and voss, he very well might pay off actually when the silvers start feeling real tanky and hard hitting compared to our own power. And again player skill, a lot of people just don't stay geared up or are capable enough with their skills to use anything but a healer/tank companion.

Yadda yadda, TLDR Treek is probably best for just casually going through the game, but if you were to really try to table out the damage numbers melee dps in dot stance has generally always beaten out everyone else consistently. HK is amazing and fun though, I mean its freakin HK. One shouldn't always play just to min-max.